Review of the Fort Collins show

• Review of the Fort Collins show

The Henry Clay People opened up for DBT & played a 50 min set. While they were decent & I enjoyed them I couldn't wait for DBT to take the stage. Finally about 11 p.m. Patterson & crew took the stage. They started the set off with one of my favorite songs off of the new album, Drag The Lake Charlie. They ended up playing quite a few songs off the new record, The Fourth Night of My Drinking, Girls Who Smoke, (available only through the download if you bought the album off the DBT official web site), Birthday Boy, It's Gonna Be, & Santa Fe were all played. One of my favorite parts of the show was about the fifth song in, Patterson was jamming out Sinkhole & they were in a pretty good breakdown when all of a sudden Patterson starts addressing the crowd, he points this dude out & starts yelling at him to knock his shit off, apparently the guy was starting a fight with someone. So he gets security over to him & has the guy thrown out. While all this is going on the rest of the band is still jamming out to Sinkhole, then Patterson picks up like nothing happened. The audio was great, Cooley & Hood both fucking rocked, & they sounded terrific. When they did Hell No I Ain't Happy the whole audience was singing along. It was an awesome show. I have only one minor complaint, Shonna didn't perform at all. I thought I would get to see her do at least one song, but no. The venue was The Aggie Theatre & it was pretty good. It was packed & I went out to smoke at 10:30 & there were still people waiting in line to get in. All in all, a great show. Once again I have to say that Patterson Hood is my fav DBT member, he fucking jams in concert & his energy is through the fucking roof. Drive-By Truckers; I love you guys!! Keep making those great albums fellas!!!

In U.S. and A. they treat horses like we in Kazakhstan treat our women. They feed them two times a day. They have them sleep on straw in a small box. And for entertainment, they make them jump over fences while being whipped.
    Edited by David4realz on 18 May 2010, 04:36
  • SOunds llike you had a great time, David! I am surprised that Shonna didn't do at least one song.

• Well apparently I left too early. I guess they came out for an encore appearance & Shonna did do a song. From what I understand they did a few more songs & the last one was a collaberation with The Henry Clay People. Next time I know better & won't leave until the venue closes the door!! I'll be seeing DBT again in Aug @ The Mile High Music Festival. Already can't wait!!

In U.S. and A. they treat horses like we in Kazakhstan treat our women. They feed them two times a day. They have them sleep on straw in a small box. And for entertainment, they make them jump over fences while being whipped.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.