February 24th - Current rumours and strong possibilities

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Feb 2006, 21:00

February 24th - Current rumours and strong possibilities

Well, after taking a quick look at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php, theres plenty of more bands who could be added to the 2006 lineup. Copied straight from the Download page and at the time of writing, these bands are either yet to be officially confirmed or who are still at this point just rumoured to be playing:

36 Crazyfists
    Alice in Chains
    Bleeding Through
    Eighteen Visions
    In Flames
    Motley Crue
    Reel Big Fish

I don't know what everyone else would make of that, but to me, seeing 36 Crazyfists and Tool as rumours or official is either way: exciting stuff :)

• moobie said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2006, 09:35
    I am going to download this year mostly because of guns n roses.. n a few other bands like trivium... i was hopeing to myself that in flames would be added to the festival.. if they get annouced i think id wet myself :P to see em again.. download is gonna kick ass... lets just hope in flames n bleeding through get added from that list maybe motley crue not to bothered about the rest of them although i wouldnt complain :D

• Holy crap, I'd love to see Pitchshifter at Download, that would rock so bad.

• 36 Crazyfists, Eighteen Visions and Tool have all been confirmed on the official site now, as well as Cradle of Filth, Aiden, Stone Sour, Soulfly, Arch Enemy, Blood Simple, Soilwork and
    To My Surprise.

Personally can't wait to see Arch Enemy, 36 Crazyfists, Bullet for My Valentine and Deftones. I'm also really hoping those In Flames and Pitchshifter rumours turn out to be true. I've seen DragonForce mentioned somewhere, too. That would make me very happy indeed.

• moobie said...
    • User
    • 2 Mar 2006, 18:15
    dragonforce inflames would make the festival for me so far i cant wait to see cof. soulfly, ss, g n r, korn, arch enemy, soilwork

• In Flames have announced summer festivals on their website. Download isnt in their list so far,

"Also, In Flames are now confirmed for some more festivals:

June 02, 2006 - Rock im Park (DE)
    June 03, 2006 - Rock am Ring (DE)
    June 23, 2006 - Bang Your Head (DE)
    June 25, 2006 - Graspop Metal Meeting (B)"

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.