Best Doom-metal band in you country

• Best Doom-metal band in you country

What is the best Doom-metal band in your country?

in my country (Estonia) : Ignorabimus

but i ave lived 8 years in Germany to and the best Doom in Germany was : Ophis

• In the UK it jsut has to be Esoteric. They are my Gods

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2005, 02:15
    In the USA my favorites would be Asunder,Autumnal Winds, and Agalloch

• Eg0 said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2005, 13:44
    I don't know many french doom band, but for the ones i know, I think Ataraxie is the best here

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2005, 05:25
    In Finland we have Reverend Bizarre, Skepticism and Swallow the Sun, it's your choice!

• Vilden said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2005, 11:30

Re:

Quoth oikoj:
    In Finland we have Reverend Bizarre, Skepticism and Swallow the Sun, it's your choice!

Reverend Bizarre :-P

From Sweden it is obviously Candlemass.

• Reverend Bizarre, obviously.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2005, 02:42

Re:

Quoth Eg0:
    I don't know many french doom band, but for the ones i know, I think Ataraxie is the best here

I think that Worship is french band, dooom....

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2005, 20:21
    in Poland Mordor, Sirrah and Cemetery of Scream [perchance Via Mistica[goth/doom]]

• For the states, I'd have to say it's a toss up between Burning Witch (R.I.P.) or Eyehategod.

• And the second choice for Finland would be Swallow The Sun, or maybe Shape Of Despair.

• icaros said...
    • User
    • 25 Nov 2005, 20:18

Re: Re:

Quoth Vilden:
    From Sweden it is obviously Candlemass.

Candlemass are good, but lets not forget Abstrakt Algebra, although they've only released one album (two if you count Krux as the same band, which also is good).

• Denmark...Saturnus or nortt

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2006, 12:23
    It's either Reverend Bizarre or Minotauri. Of course we have the legendary Spiritus Mortis here, plus Unholy, which is in my opinion one of the better Death/Doom bands out there.
    I should also mention Fall of the Idols, which I believe could become "the next" Reverend Bizarre here in Finland. There's so much potential in that one.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2006, 12:31
    Reverend Bizarre it is..

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2006, 20:54
    In my opinion the best German Doom-Band is Mirror of Deception!

• In America... I would suppose Agalloch. Good news about their new album being completed and mixed for a soon release.

• In Australia, mine would definately have to be Pod People, they're awesome.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jan 2006, 22:56
    I'll say Esoteric. Far superior to all the Doom-Death nonsense.. ;)

• harpija said...
    • User
    • 21 Jan 2006, 20:05
    im from Latvia and here are not even a single good doom metal band, I dont think that I have ever heard any latvian doom metal :( worst place on earth for a doom metal lover :(

• In Belgium it's Insanity Reigns Supreme in my opinion

• lyxor said...
    • User
    • 23 Jan 2006, 13:23
    Novembre, from italy, simply the best :P

---

Mah...
    • nosmo said...
    • User
    • 23 Jan 2006, 19:04
    In Ireland it's probably Mael Mórdha, but they're not exactly internationally famous.

• I wish I were in Austria, so I could say 'Estatic Fear' (my personal favorite).

Here in Mexico, I'd say a friend's band really has great potential, but they haven't recorded anything but a demo; Sick Soul is the name of their band. But I guess they're like the band nosmo mentioned: 'not exactly internationally famous'.

Then again, like Estatic Fear... Sick Soul isn't differs a bit from traditional Doom Metal. They both have this palpable feeling of melancholy through their music.

• MissLie said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2006, 18:25
    Here in Portugal... probably Sculpture.

*péum*
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.