[Review] Flourishing - The Sum Of All Fossils

• KMFCM said...
    • User
    • 4 Aug 2011, 01:26

[Review] Flourishing - The Sum Of All Fossils

Flourishing - the sum of all fossils

awesome weird death metal year continues. Flourishing are back, and taking us all elsewhere. Not even the same place Gigan took us. Of the weird death metal bands to release albums this year this one is probably the very least similar Gorguts. I can't really think of what to compare them to, besides maybe Human Remains. Actually, that's who they most remind me of (though, no tapping). . . . but then, they throw you for a loop. Maybe there'll be a Godflesh/Swans sort of thing ("By Which We're Cemented" for example. Those parts are like what might have happened if Napalm Death's "experimental" period had lived up to the potential it had or they'll throw a melodic part at you with a lead that is entirely too catchy and yet works amazingly well(the end of "Fossil Record" will be stuck in your head for quite some time). They also have perfect production for this. I saw them live not too long ago, and this is just how they sound. It'll take a lot of listens to fully grasp the awesomeness of this record, but I loved it in 5 listens. If you've been following this type of death metal release this year, you must hear this. You might think it's better than all of them. I'm starting to think it is.

verdict? 10/10

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
  • i need to get this.

well, before i even finished typing, i've ordered it, haha...

you can still stream it in its entirety, go for it!

• nice find!

• Nice find [2]

Tho i still think they could do it much better, than they've done it.

• i have a hard time getting into the album as a whole, i must admit. it's good stuff, but it doesn't click on the long run yet, really.

• KMFCM said...
    • User
    • 1 Sep 2011, 01:40
    I just found out these songs were all written the same time as the old EP, and they just recorded a brand new one for next year

. . .so who knows, the best might be yet to come.

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
  • I've been listening to this album recently. The bass is huge, I love its sound. They also have great moments of pure dissonant darkness that reminds me of Godflesh; but the drums are weak and the vocals sounds dull to me, so it decrease the overall potential of the band and the record per se.

Maybe I will need more listens of this album, and as KMFCM said, maybe the best might be yet to come, because they have interesting ideas.

• 8GotH8 said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2012, 19:14
    reminds of portal especially the song flourishing in the beginning

Monday, 29 January, 1932:
    Something has happened to me, I can't doubt it any more.
    • 8GotH8 said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2012, 19:23
    shit i mean by which we are cemented, my bad am kind high

Monday, 29 January, 1932:
    Something has happened to me, I can't doubt it any more.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.