[Review] Bereft - Leichenhaus

• [Review] Bereft - Leichenhaus

Bereft - Leichenhaus

This project, featuring (ex-)members of bands such as Intronaut and The Faceless, doesn't exactly deliver tons of dissonance, really not. I just found it to be somewhat relevant to the overall music tastes of this group, so why not?!

The ingeniusly entitled Leichenhaus hits with a slow and sludgy Mix of Death and Doom Metal. While the vocals are mostly super low pitched, almost guttural and with a lot of room on them, the music is surprisingly epic and open sounding. You can definitely make out quite a few Intronaut fingerprints here, and I have the feeling that those are the reason for this whole thing not getting boring at any point. There are a lot of epic parts with nice, gloomy melodies on top, while the rhythmic foundation is slowly grinding along. Those melodies really take some of those songs to the next level and it gets pretty catchy, while always maintaining that gloomy vibe. Some of the leads even remind me of classic Rock and Metal from time to time, but it doesn't get cheesy.

Leichenhaus is a very strong debut and I'm excited to see where this band is going. Despite the fact that I usually don't listen to Sludge records and bands much, not on repeat especially, Bereft are an exception to the rule. I keep coming back to this. Check it out!

• Thanks for posting! Is the ex vocalist from The Faceless the ex member?

The happiness I was searching for was never hidden, and I was not the one searching but the one hiding. - Vuvr
  • Yes.

• I finally got around to listening to this, great stuff!

The happiness I was searching for was never hidden, and I was not the one searching but the one hiding. - Vuvr
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.