[Review] Nightbringer - Hierophany of the Open Grave

• [Review] Nightbringer - Hierophany of the Open Grave

Nightbringer - Hierophany of the Open Grave

After craving for more input and recommendations regarding some good, out of the box Black Metal, a friend hooked me up with a list of bands and records to check out. I havn't heard as many good Black Metal bands in a row lately and Nightbringer is one of the bands that sticked out the most.

Their most recent record Hierophany of the Open Grave is nothing short of amazing. I love everything about it, from the reverberating production to the layered guitar discordance and all the disturbing ambience you're getting from it. The whole thing reminds me of Deathspell Omega's Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice quite a bit, without the interludes and less distracting moments overall. It takes a while to dive into it, but it's worth the time it will take. You will be rewarded with a record that will cast a spell over you.

I don't think there is much more to say really. There is no big hit on Hierophany of the Open Grave, the whole record just functions as a whole. Nightbringer are in a league of their own and this record displays that in every way. While being a bit different, their previous output Apocalypse Sun is something you'd want to check out as well. Just get into this band, now!

Edited by thedailygrind on 17 Nov 2011, 23:17
  • This is such a rad album!! One of the best of the year.

☞☺PeAcE LoVe UnItY ReSpEcT ☺ ✌
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.