Your favorite Dio song?

• Your favorite Dio song?

Why's this group so quiet? Let's do what we came here for: What's your favorite Dio song (I know they all are, name one of the few you single out)?

As for me, I think Rainbow - Still I'm Sad, from On Stage. It paints quite a picture.

P.S. By Dio I mean also the Sabbath, Elf, Rainbow and all the other bands he was in.

• DDDsa said...
    • User
    • 26 Sep 2005, 14:45
    Oh, I can't choose only one, sorry...

Rainbow - Stargazer, Temple of the king, Gates of Babylon, Catch The Rainbow and Man On The Silver Mountain
    Dio - Sacred Heart, Time to Burn, We Rock, Killing The Dragon
    Black Sabbath - Copmputer God
    Elf - First Avenue

P. S. Yeah, it's too quiet here... LET'S ROCK THIS PLACE TOGETHER!!!! =)

Edited by DDDsa on 26 Sep 2005, 15:27
  • hmmm . . . dream evil, last in line, killing the dragon, All the fools sailed away . . . and invisible

i love them all its really very hard to make one choce, but if i had to id go with last in line

• Billi5 said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2005, 17:26
    argh...only one...ronnie james dio is my favorite solo artist...its so hard to me to pick just one...:p anw...i can say... I Am is my favorite dio's song
    long live dio

• Chemin said...
    • User
    • 22 Dec 2005, 21:18
    Rainbows Stargazer is one of the coolest songs ever :) Wild One and We Rock are great songs by Dio.

• Gotta be I Could Have Been a Dreamer. Ive always been obsessed with that song.

• ResisT said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2006, 02:42
    Elf:
    Hoochie Koochie Lady
    Carolina County Ball
    I'm Coming Back For You

Rainbow:
    Man on the Silver Mountain

Black Sabbath:
    Children of the Sea
    Heaven And Hell
    Mob Rules
    Neon Knights
    Turn Up The Night
    Voodoo
    Computer God
    The Sign of the Southern Cross

Dio:
    Holy Diver (metal classic)
    Rainbow in the Dark
    We Rock
    Don't Talk to Strangers
    King of Rock and Roll
    Egypt (The Chains are On)
    Stand Up and Shout

Indians scattered on Dawn's Highway bleeding; Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile, eggshell mind.
    Edited by ResisT on 10 Jun 2006, 04:41
    • ResisT said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2006, 02:42
    Disregard this, accidental double post, and with the contribution of the below post, a triple post.

Indians scattered on Dawn's Highway bleeding; Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile, eggshell mind.
    Edited by ResisT on 10 Jun 2006, 04:42
    • ResisT said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2006, 02:45
    Damn double post.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Mar 2006, 10:06
    Damn...so hard to choose just a few. Ok, here we go

Sabbath-The Mob Rules, Heaven And Hell
    Rainbow-Stargazer
    Dio-Egypt(The Chains Are On), Rainbow In The Dark, Holy Diver, We Rock, The Last In Line, Guilty, Killing The Dragon

I have many more for Dio but I really don't want to continue, I haven't really heard much from the Sabbath and Rainbow days so I can't really comment any further.

• pinguar said...
    • User
    • 23 Mar 2006, 20:36
    i think Stargazer, Cold Hearted Woman and Rainbow in the Dark, rockzz ;) yeszz,.. Dio rockz at all!

and of course, Gates of Babylon with Yngwie was also pretty..

• Heaven and hell, The last in line, Holy diver, Invisible, Breathless, We rock, Man on the silver mountain, Neon Knights

Og det er det stora, og det er det glupa, at merket det stend, um mannen han stupa.
    • Oszust said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2006, 16:53
    Definetly Holy Diver. It was a first Dio song I have ever heared. Precisely a part of it in one episode of the 'South Park'. But as for me the list of songs that I think as of perfect would be so long, that it would be better to write which, in my opinion, are "only" good. :P

• voggis said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2006, 15:23
    I keep the obvious ones out...here's my odd favorites: Sunset Superman, Faces In the Window, Just Another Day, The Eyes, Falling Off the Edge Of the World

• Holy Diver....(duh)
    Don't Talk to Strangers
    Egypt (The Chains are on)
    Stargazer
    Heaven & Hell

• Re:

Quoth pinguar:
    i think Stargazer, Cold Hearted Woman and Rainbow in the Dark, rockzz ;) yeszz,.. Dio rockz at all!

and of course, Gates of Babylon with Yngwie was also pretty..

Cold Hearted Woman is sang by Doogie White,in Blackmore's short lived new Rainbow project
    From Rainbow:Stargazer(really?),Gates of Babylon,The Temple of the King,Rainbow Eyes
    B.Sabbath:Children of the Sea,Falling off the Edge Of the World
    Dio:Well, all the first 4 albums,but lets narrow things a bit:Caught in the middle,Rainbow in the Dark,Shame on the Night(IMPORTANT:I m quite sure the composer who wrote the music 4 Coppola's "Dracula" has taken the theme from the end of that song and changed 1 or 2 notes,have u noticed that?),1 night in the city,egypt,All The Fools Sailed Away.Sunset Superman,r'n'r children,hungry 4 heaven,strange highways,throw away children & I ll stop, cause you have probably fallen asleep by now.If I had 2 pick just1 though, I d say Stargazer...

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  • And not to forget his humble beginnings,NeverMore and Wonderworls from Elf:)

• Maybe STARGAZER and My eyes ;)

It's just a melody, it bleeds in me..
    • Idatti said...
    • User
    • 31 May 2006, 10:44
    It's totally RAINBOW IN THE DARK! <3 I love that song. I've been in Dio's gigs for two times, and the feeling is so fascinating! Ronnie really knows how to catch the audience to right mood. ;>

• Rainbow in the dark.

• Dio - Strange Highways
    Black Sabbath - Children Of The Sea
    Rainbow - Kill The King

• Dio - Better in the Dark, We Rock, Don't Talk to Strangers, Rainbow in the Dark

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Rainbow - Stargazer

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jul 2006, 09:03
    Rainbow: Gates of Babylon, Stargazer

Black Sabbath: Heaven And Hell, The Sign of The Southern Cross

Dio: Stand Up And Shout, Egypt (The Chains Are On)

• HA!At last, a potential member for my Lovecraft group!Sorry for advertising, but I would expect more Cthulhu cultists.
    I have already listed a load of favourite songs,but I d like to add one more: As Long As It's Not About Love

• just all of them, but some of them are more i like...

black sabbath - tv crimes
    black sabbath - the mob rules
    dio - this is your life

Edited by maviTurnusol on 10 Jul 2006, 11:20
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.