Anyone notice this parody?

• Anyone notice this parody?

I don't know if parody is the correct term..

But, has anyone noticed how the episode Bluesklok has a lot of simular parts to the movie Crossroads? The crossroads for a start, the car, selling soul to the devil to make blues.. its exactly like the movie...

Its not on the wikipedia articles as far as I know. I tried to add it to the Crossroad movie page but werent signed in.

I thought someone else could, i'm not good at writing that kinda thing.. plus I don't think parody is the correct word.

By the way if you haven't seen Crossroads, watch it! It has Steve Vai in it and lots of cool guitar blues playing.

Crossroads wikipedia page (You can even see a resemblance to the Dethklok ep from the dvd cover!)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_%281986_film%29

What do you think?

-|- The Dukey fanclub-|- -Don't even begin to think you're worthy. Part of the Scrobbler Barbarian Horde, we own you. -|- Come howl with us!!! powerwolf - Come howl with us Join the pack!-|-
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2007, 07:12
    Apparently somebody has added it to the Crossroads page, unless that was you. Regardless its kept up.

I haven't seen the movie, but, I can definatly see Mashed Potato in one of the characters exactly like him.

• Could also just be based off the legend of Robert Johnson....

• Where's Britney Spears then? :D

• haha! it is a parody of Crossroads, great movie btw.

• Nyir said...
    • User
    • 17 Sep 2008, 07:05
    lol, the devil at the crossroads thingy is an ages old legend (or maybe it popped up in the blues era) it could be any number of things, but the point is that brendan smalls takes the piss out ef everything. remember guys, its a cartoon, lets not overanalyse it else you'll find yourselves not liking it as much as you otherwise would. lol but, DETHKLOK RULE!

- An Unstoppable Force Of Demonic Supremacy -
    • DRXV said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2008, 02:14
    Perhaps it's a tribute?

O O Ø O O
  • What about the parody of them spending 500million on the new album and making there fans wait forever for it. and the fact that they made so many songs for the new album but were all deleted.

Guns and Roses ring a bell?

• Rush - Snakes and Arrows. Pickles in Snakes and Barrels

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 May 2009, 18:15
    In every episodes there are some tributes or parody .
    For example Burzum's - it was shop i think.
    On the first or second episode there was a guy which face was smashed - Hammer Smashed Face - Cannibal Corpse :)

• Yeah,you'll see stuff everywhere,just have to know it,and look for it.Damn,I can't wait for 'dethalbum II',it'll be BRUTAL! I mean,just listen to the songs from season 2...

"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished
    into eternal damnation. Amen."
    • de7con said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2009, 11:36
    Yeah, it's definately a parody or a tribute of the movie Crossroads. (for those who apparently don't know, there are two movies - or more - with the name "Crossroads"). There are lots of references to the movie, and one of the most brutal blues song ever existed.

• Crani0 said...
    • User
    • 4 Aug 2009, 23:24
    Don't really think it's a parody to "Crossroads", I think it just uses the legend of RJ, which was made popular because of song Crossroads where he sings about selling his soul to the devil at a crossroad, and the all Blues "scene", Mississippi is the place were the blues were born so ence the why on going to mississippi, and if it were really I parody to "Crossroads" (movie) I image Nathan or Murderface pointing a gun to Mashed Potato's head forcing him to teach them the blues, because in the movie Willy didn't want to teach the blues because he said that Eugene was just another white guy trying to rip off there music, so not a parody to "Crossroads" but a parody to the blues. Has for the song, in the movie Eugene wanted the lost RJ song and not to learn the blues. Although I do believe the devil from that episode does look like the one from "Crossroads", maybe we can count that has a reference.

• We are a tribute of metal, metal for fishes,anything else!!!

Awaken, Awaken, Awaken, Mushtrakakish, Awaken, Awaken, Awaken

Sign: fucking Oudin

RdR <<< In We We Trust >>> and you too!
  • YEA ALL THE SHOWS HAVE A LITTLE SUMTHING FROM SUMTHING

XOXOXOXOX
    MIZZ ARIEL JADE
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.