Depression illness. Reasons?

• Depression illness. Reasons?

Reasons?

Deathrock
  • Because life sucks hard :(

Deathrock
  • Ermz...Because some parents wants to have the perfect kids and since noone is perfect they grows up with many complexes and disorders, including depression. 'Cause noone cares about people around them and etc. Shortly, because people are just a greedy, selfish, rude morons. x(

• P.S. And 'cause not everyone can hold all of the problems around, drop by drop, huh.

• because you're always so sad and you don't know why!?
    when you're alone in your room and you have too much time to think about everything
    when you think those people are your frinds but in fact they aren't

loneliness

probably I shouldn't listen to Bright Eyes so often

• Re:

Quoth arienette06:
    because you're always so sad and you don't know why!?
    when you're alone in your room and you have too much time to think about everything
    when you think those people are your frinds but in fact they aren't

loneliness

probably I shouldn't listen to Bright Eyes so often

But there always is a reason why you're sad, even if you don't know why. And yeah, it's 'cause of loneliness, too. When you're alone you start to think that noone needs you and so on.

Oh and it's for those who says "Oh come on, smile and let's go to have some fun!"

"A depressive disorder is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts.
    It affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things. A depressive disorder is not the same as a passing blue mood. It is not a sign of personal weakness or a condition that can be willed or wished away. People with a depressive illness cannot merely "pull themselves together" and get better. "

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Apr 2006, 21:19
    don't know whether this quote fits into this topic, but who cares....

"life that would have a sense, wouldn't ask for it."

*sry for my worst english, i'm just a german ugly kid*

• Psychological Illness?....-.-

i think the most illness begin with the education....
    some perents hurt their kids...and thats a trauma for them...
    so little children cannot process it...and so..they where depressd and so many other things...thats very sadly...many other peoples annoy them...and its the last what a children needed....

greetings....

E . N . D .
  • it's always about love

• ah yeh...-.-

E . N . D .

• E . N . D .
    Edited by SeventhSoul on 1 Jun 2006, 07:03
  • Re:

Quoth thesilentnigma:
    it's always about love

Doubt it. Sometimes it's 'cause of parents...

• The biggest depression reason is love without answer. Its very painful.

Its up to you, to live forever or to die
  • 17 and in my second depression... this one has lasted almost a year.

The first was losing my uncle who was my hero and more like a dad to me then my real dad then shortly after my mum left us... for a woman :/

The second is constant aloneness, spending a lot of time with only your thoughts is what gets me the most, just constantly reminding myself why i am depressed.

i HATE when people say c'mon just cheer up.

Yes let me just alter my whole mood just for you. if only it was that simple :|

• Cause live is making you sad.And you have noone to talk about it.Noone understand you.People are trying to take you down.

Dancing To Sorrow
  • I Dont Fit In This World

I try to understand the people all the time, this "curiosity" is inside of my blood, inside of my soul, i try to be a cool guy, dont hate anyone and dont hurt myself or anyone arround me, but the people arround me (including my mommy) are complete blind by everything all the time, i can talk anymore with her or anyone else, my friends dont understand me, i look at my heroes and all them are just faces, maybe they dont understand me to, or just dont have my vision point, I Dont Fit In This World because i became someone to much diference to fit in this world.

Sorry by my bad english and byes, Ds...

• Deboche said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2007, 02:25
    I was depressed for some time in highschool but I dont know the exact reason for it. Some time actually means more than a year, it sucked. I guess I had low self-esteem but it changed gradually over the course of two years and I beat it.

Now, I'm depressed again. I have friends, more than I want, really, a supporting family but I just dont like the course my life will inevitably be taking in the next years.

I'm in the first year of college, in architecture and its hard to get through the day. I was in chemistry last year then I went to this councelour guy cause I hated chemistry and science and he said the best thing for me was architecture. I had never done anything close to it so it was a radical change. I had only taken on the scientific path cause I had no idea what I wanted

Suddenly, I see that I have to work hard now and for the rest of my life if I want to be successful and I dont even know if I like architecture so my only incentive is money and architects dont really make that much money. Recently I've been seriously considering changing again into business(the councelours second suggestion), becoming a drummer or marrying a chick who's taking medicine so I dont have to worry about money

• Deboche said:
    I was depressed for some time in highschool but I dont know the exact reason for it. Some time actually means more than a year, it sucked. I guess I had low self-esteem but it changed gradually over the course of two years and I beat it.

Now, I'm depressed again. I have friends, more than I want, really, a supporting family but I just dont like the course my life will inevitably be taking in the next years.

I'm in the first year of college, in architecture and its hard to get through the day. I was in chemistry last year then I went to this councelour guy cause I hated chemistry and science and he said the best thing for me was architecture. I had never done anything close to it so it was a radical change. I had only taken on the scientific path cause I had no idea what I wanted

Suddenly, I see that I have to work hard now and for the rest of my life if I want to be successful and I dont even know if I like architecture so my only incentive is money and architects dont really make that much money. Recently I've been seriously considering changing again into business(the councelours second suggestion), becoming a drummer or marrying a chick who's taking medicine so I dont have to worry about money

hard thing...when you dont know yourself-ability..i have it too..but for me isnt that the biggest problem, you are very young, you have time, think about it, dont do thinks so fast..and dont be depressive because this, i am sure manymanymany ppl making this throught too..i wish you the best and strengh!

E . N . D .
  • If all I listened to was 'Brootal' death metal, I would probably be depressed, too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Feb 2007, 23:45
    Genetics with me I believe. My father has it and his father had it. Got my first major period of it when I was young, about 10 or 11. Had it on and off all through my teenage years, usually the catalyst would vary from one to the other. Spent 3 months in a psyche ward 2 years ago. When I came out I was well, went to college....got bad again, dropped out. I have friends, I have a supporting family, it's no-ones fault...I just have it and that's it. Ah well sure fuck it.

• madmatt05 said:
    17 and in my second depression... this one has lasted almost a year.

The first was losing my uncle who was my hero and more like a dad to me then my real dad then shortly after my mum left us... for a woman :/

The second is constant aloneness, spending a lot of time with only your thoughts is what gets me the most, just constantly reminding myself why i am depressed.

i HATE when people say c'mon just cheer up.

Yes let me just alter my whole mood just for you. if only it was that simple :|

dito.

I'm in my second depression too. Not as strong as the first, but it followed close up. It last a year now.
    My whole life is pretty fucked-up.

• I've had social phobia and obsessive compulsive disorder since age 5. Then like a month before I turned 12 I developed severe depression and bipolar disorder. It's genetic and chemical and having any disorder leaves you susceptible to developing others. I mean, shit, having two anxiety disorders lead to having two depressive disorders about 7 years later and then 5 years after developing the depressive disorders I developed an eating disorder. I feel like I know depression very well, and when I start to get more stable after a long period of depression I feel very strange and abnormal, I need to adjust to it. In the end, having disorders has made me come of age, I've learned a lot and I've grown a lot. Without disorders, I would not have built up self-resilience and I would not have developed as much tolerance and sensitivity for people going through all sorts of emotions. Everything happens for a reason.

I could not bring my passions from a common stream.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2007, 20:14
    I have no idea

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2007, 07:29
    Actually, now I have an idea, I read that depression happens because there are things called neurotransmitters,there are three types of them and they make people feel good, when something is wrong with them, people feel depressed, here are the three types :

-Serotonin – Problems with serotonin are associated with depressed mood, anxiety, insomnia, obsessive compulsive disorder, seasonal affective disorder, and even violence.

-Dopamine – Disruptions in dopamine seem to be related to problems with attention, motivation, alertness, increased apathy (not wanting to do anything), and difficulty in experiencing pleasure.

-Norepinephrine – Disorders in norepinephrine show lack of energy, decreased alertness and lethargy.

"Depression occurs when the chemical conversations between neurons breaks down. When the neurons can’t communicate well, the mind is unable to use all its resources. It can no longer deal with events such as stress.
    Some experts believe that depression results when there aren’t enough neurotransmitters in the brain to get the right messages out. Others think that the neurotransmitters somehow aren’t working properly. The causes of depression are still technically a mystery, though."

stop being emo and saying its about love ;)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2007, 16:15

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.