El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead

• El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead

and...?

• i duno i don't really fucked with el-p's rhyming efforts. he's even worse live heh.

w00t
  • nah man new shits sick. tasmanian pain coaster, everything must go, run the numbers and poisenville kids at least will all see some serious play for me and all the rest of it is worth listening too to. the production is not the crazy dissonant space age dissolving into violent madness of fandam. its more like a placid madness, beaten into submission a bit but still seething, more mature- though thats not always a good thing- still on the spaceage shit though, and still original as hell.

i love the production of tasmanian pain coaster, he collaborated with mars volta and even though i cant really get behind them as much since i stopped blazing as much he uses their style really well to create a deep space feeling beat, combined with some straightforward (for el) verses that nonetheless are meaningful and interesting and have some sick rhyme patterns going on. in fact im going to listen to this shit again. buy it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Apr 2007, 00:24
    Fucking awesome album, better than Fantastic Damage by far. I'm addicted to Flyentology, Run the Numbers, and Habeas Corpses. The story told in Habeas Corpses is really powerful. Great work from EL-P.

• JestOne said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2007, 19:08
    This album's pretty dope.

[center]

Don't sweat the technique[/center]
  • At first I wasn't too keen on this. As I listned to it a second and third time I've come to really love this album.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Jul 2007, 01:04
    no no he is a genius in music construction combining samples with synth music...and thats the beauty...thats the stone on which all def jux rotates

• pretty damn solid album, not quite on par with fan dam though which is one of the most original and roughest hip hop records there ever was

see you in strasbourg
    • TGKN said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2007, 01:14
    I love it. Instrumental music has always been boring for me, so this is much better than Fantastic Damage.

• Holmsen said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2008, 20:00
    solid although no fantastic damage

sup?
  • great album

"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams" 2pac
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.