• ABM said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2005, 09:51

Hello to all the DCFC fans

You can chat here about DCFC.

Have a wonderful day,
    ABM.

- Listening to music since 1988.
  • ...hiiiiiiii. I like Death Cab for Cutie. Is there anything else to say? Uh, uh. Yeah. I don't know how you talk about a band. D:

Everybody talking, nobody listening.
  • I wanted to delete this post.

I guess I'll have to settle for a few brief moments watch it all dissolve into a single second, try to write it into a perfect sonnet
    -Bright Eyes
    Edited by iamnotbatman on 18 Aug 2005, 01:47
  • FAVORITE DCFC SONG and why?

My favorite is transatlanticism, the lyrics are just amazing, they really spoke to me the first time I ever heard the song, I had met a girl who was from Okinawa (though she was american), while she was visiting in canada, and we really hit it off, and we kept in touch, for a few months, and that was our song.

This song is what turned me onto the whole indie/emo genre.

I guess I'll have to settle for a few brief moments watch it all dissolve into a single second, try to write it into a perfect sonnet
    -Bright Eyes
    Edited by iamnotbatman on 18 Aug 2005, 01:46
  • My fav dcfc song

Marching Bands Of Manhattan off of Plans just because this song is the first song of the new album and its absolutely amazing. the lyrics are good the music is good and i just cant stop listening to it simple as that!

peace and love
    • ABM said...
    • User
    • 18 Aug 2005, 11:51

My favorite song

Title and Registration. The lyrics are great and the music (rhythm) is fantastic.

From the new album (Plans):
    Marching Bands of Manhattan - Again, the lyrics and the music is fantastic.

- Listening to music since 1988.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Sep 2005, 04:10
    Photobooth
    Marching Bands of Manhattan (the only song from plans i truely like)
    We looked like giants
    Information Travels faster

wow i feel like i could keep going with this list!

• What sarah said and Marching bands of manhattan are good...
    Hmm. Transatlanticism was my "theme song" for the longest time.
    I got sick of it and stopped listening to it so much and it was still my theme song.

• Fav Song

Probably Transatlanticism .... or Tiny Vessels or Title and Registration. Ha, I'm too undecisive.

"Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."
  • transatlanticism, company calls epilogue, passenger seat, stable song

but if i had to pick, i would go with transatlanticism. one of the best songs/albums ever.

• hey, I just joined
    I like too many of their songs =P

++._君は君だけしかいないよ.
    代わりなんて他にいないんだ.
    枯れないで一輪の花_+++.++_____.
  • hey i'm new here hello (:

i'm from germany and got to know dcfc through one of the soundtracks of the tv series "six feet under" and i just fell in love with the guys and their music.
    i just so hope that i can see them live on stage someday in future.

my favourite songs are "transatlanticism", "title of registration", "the sound of settling", "marching bands of manhattan", "soul meets body", "i will follow you into the dark" and sooo many more.

i think just every song of dcfc has its own fascination and beauty within

- heaven's not a place that you go when you die; it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive, so live for the moment.
  • My favourite DCFC song

A Movie Script Ending - generally one of my favourite songs of all time, I love the lyrics and the sound - it's kinda calming and blurry.

• My favorite is We Looked Like Giants simply because the lyrics mean a lot to me in a personal way.

the next best for me would have to be Tiny Vessels. it's very truthful and great.

and then there is also Steadier Footing...i think this song is simply adorable.

• hello all,

Im really excited that I'm going to see them in concert.
    My fave song is Information travels faster , and the whole photo album cd is awesome

• oOhnooo said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2006, 16:20
    Hey everyone! :)

I love every song off of every CD in a different way because they all provoke different emotions and moods as you listen to them, but my favorite songs are "Photobooth" because it's so energetic, "Coney Island" because it's so reminiscent, and "Passenger Seat" because it is just such a beautiful, mellow song.

I saw them live in Central Park over the summer; it was incredible!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Mar 2006, 05:27

Hi!

Hi, I just joined this group (and this is my first post in a group, ever ;)

I love Death Cab For Cutie, but they're not that known here in Manila. Hard to choose a favorite DCFC song, but I'll go with "Transatlanticism" for now. (Most of my faves are from that album as well.) I also like "Soul Meets Body" and "Marching Bands of Manhattan" from Plans, and a couple others from the old albums ("A Movie Script Ending", "Styrofoam Plates", etc).

I named my local music blog Death Cab Cutie in their honor ;)

• Heylooo...just joined le group and I'd have to say my fave song is between Passenger Seat, the lyrics are just amaze and I can relate to them, and Tiny Vessels...same with the lyrics and it's quite a melancholy song...I'm sure you can guess that Transatlanticism is my favourite album...I've heard lots from the other albums but it's the only one I've managed to get yet so hopefully that'll happen soon!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Mar 2006, 05:37
    Hum. Favorites: Debate Exposes Doubt, Transatlanticism, Underwater, Company Calls Epilogue, Title Track, Scientist Studies

• I reeeally like marching bands of manhattan and i`ll follow you into the dark.

• yunoh said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2006, 13:11
    As many others I discovered DCFC through the popular tv show The O.C.
    Favourite track is actually A Lack of Color, the last track from the album Transatlanticism.

• Woah, it's very difficult to pick one..
    But my favourite songs are: transatlanticism, a lack of color, title and registration, i will follow you into the dark, what sarah said

they're all amazing

• The best of the best

"This is the moment that you know
    That you told her that you loved her but you don't
    You touch her skin and then you think
    That she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me"
    If you can relate to this, there is no better way it could be phrased. Just inspired

Pards
  • It's weird; I have a different Death Cab for Cutie song for every ex-girlfriend I've ever had.

Summer Skin makes me think of my first true love. Things went so well, until we had to leave for college. After dating happily for a year and a half, we broke up in October and even had completely stopped communication by mid-December. We had left our love in our summer skin.

I totally relate to Tiny Vessels. It makes me think of my ex, Casey. Not good times, and as such this is a very depressing song. It couldn't be phrased any better, you're exactly right lawless. I just lost the feeling, it wasn't really anyone's fault. I couldn't tell her I love her anymore.

Passenger Seat makes me think of my most recent ex, Lacey. I had a dream about her, where I sang it to her, and I told her about it, and after that it became our song. Now, I can't listen to it without thinking about her. We were even driving along the road and this song came on on my iPod's shuffle setting.

Enough of my sappy stories. There are a lot of favorite songs of mine, especially Death Cab for Cutie songs. A Lack of Color is one of the most beautiful lyrical pieces.

"And when I see you
    I really see you upside down
    But my brain knows better
    It picks you up and turns you around
    Turns you around, turns you around

If you feel discouraged
    That there's a lack of color here
    Please don't worry lover
    It's really bursting at the seams
    Absorbing everything
    The spectrum's a to z"

If you know how to read it and have a general understanding of the metaphor, it really hits you hard. Revel in it, figure it out. It's a tough cookie to crack, but it's worth it. :)

• yunoh said...
    • User
    • 18 Apr 2006, 10:41

Re: The best of the best

Quoth lawlessP:
    "This is the moment that you know
    That you told her that you loved her but you don't
    You touch her skin and then you think
    That she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me"
    If you can relate to this, there is no better way it could be phrased. Just inspired

oh yeah.. been there recently. :P

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.