Inspired by Dead Can Dance

• Inspired by Dead Can Dance

Have you ever created something inspired by the music of Dead can dance? Graphics, photos, paintings or even your own music? If so, post it here ;).

Here's a collage I made up from photos I had taken this summer in a forest - a kind of illustration to one of my favorite DCD tracks:

What do you think of it? Post your own stuff!

kto ma Borderlands - dodawac mnie na steamie (nick: satanatix) i napierdalamy dla diabła
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Oct 2006, 01:49
    wow!!!
    that's fantastic, nice work!
    i myself wrote poetry inspired by dcd, especially songs like ocean, avatar and crescent...
    but it's all in serbian, and i like it that way...
    for now...

• Yeah, I've written the story 'bout twins but in Russian and my inspiration was song "Ocean" :).

• what's the object of inspiration?

riven213, what was the song you was inspired with??

personally, when I look at the photo I hear Nierika in my mind ;)

ps. great idea! I must try to produce sth.. a piece of poetry or just a piece of thought floating freely on a sheet of paper..

Fly, fly to the rainbow, fly away, so far away..
  • My photography, primarily, was inspired by Dead Can Dance. Not on a conceptual level, simply the cover to Within the Realm of the Dying Sun got me into cemeteries photographing them. I now have a website dedicated to my cemetery photography and am working on a book with one of the big London cemeteries. So I have DCD to thank for that!

My website of cemetery photography: http://www.London Necropolis.com

• dle23 said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2007, 12:06
    boobookittyfcuk- that photo is stunning!!

I am emailing you right now about prints

• Hey there
    thank you SO much ... have emailed you back :)

• riven213 said:
    Have you ever created something inspired by the music of Dead can dance? Graphics, photos, paintings or even your own music? If so, post it here ;).

Here's a collage I made up from photos I had taken this summer in a forest - a kind of illustration to one of my favorite DCD tracks:

What do you think of it? Post your own stuff!

Very good work
    maybe you can add the full title of song

Tell Me About The Forest (You Once Called Home)

just a suggestion your work is very beautifull

:-)

We are passive onlookers in a world that moves perpetually
  • Theodor Bastard music

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Jan 2014, 05:52

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Jan 2014, 05:53

just me with my t shirt

• I'm currently writing a short story inspired by "voyage of Bran" by Brendan Perry , also I wrote a lot of poetry inspired by DCD :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.