favorite local band

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 May 2010, 02:32

Wake up 2010 Local Dallas!

Wow, just came across this... sad... come on!
    Still local favs are Poly! Calhoun! (new 2010 release coming) The Crash That Took Me! Sara Jaffe! Sevryn! Just to name a few that are still kicking 2010!
    peace!

• Jibe, Element Eighty, The Feds, Toadies, South FM, Honchie, FFTN, Deaf Pedestrains, Flickerstick, Carb,Slow Roosevelt and Red Pyrmaid

• The Crash That Took Me is great. Really like Deaf Peds, even though I haven't heard much out of them lately. One of my old bands played a show with them at Curtain Club a couple of years back, it was great. Really nice guys.

I feel like there is such a big scene out there that just isn't really followed. There are a lot of really good bands that haven't quite climbed to that upper rung of Dallas bands. Of course, I'm speaking from the inside looking out, or up as it were.

"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedburg
  • Hi everyone
    I'm a spanish girl who loves texan folk music. I listen to Bosque Brown, Micah P. Hinson, Balmorhea... I also know Blackbird Harmony, Centro-Matic, South San Gabriel, The Earlies... I write to you because I would like to know more bands or artists who play american folk music. I would love to listen to an artist who plays soft folk, intimist music... like Bosque Brown or Micah P. Hinson.
    I hope you could help me.
    Thank you very much
    Edurne.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.