Blazblue - opinions?

• Blazblue - opinions?

The OST for the game has just been released and Daisuke's been adding several changes to his usual style. How are people taking the evolution of his muic?

• layzee said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2009, 02:17
    The music of BlazBlue sounds less like GGXX and more like Guilty Gear 2 Overture Vol.1 (due to the orchestral/classical style intros) and GG2O Vol.2 (similar sounding guitars).

I've only listened to BlazBlue's OST for a few days and unfortunately for now, it doesn't seem to be as good as GGXX/Isuka/GG2O. Hopefully it will grow on me after repeated listenings in the future.

Whether people think the BlazBlue OST is good or not, it's probably better for Daisuke Ishiwatari to take some risks anyway and compose completely new songs and try new styles instead of arranging the GGX series of music yet again. As good as Holy Orders/Writhe in Pain/Awe of She/etc... is, in my opinion, the music of GGX/XX (and the games for that matter) are at a dead end.

Current favourite tracks: 01 Under Heaven Destruction and 02 Imperial Code (both on disc 2).

• Hmm as you said, but I believe that if he had used song like he normally did in GG the atmosphere in blazblue would have been destroyed. Imo GG is quite a bit darker then BB. None-the-less I am very fond o the ost.

• HWZande said...
    • User
    • 21 Sep 2009, 04:50
    Having the game for a month now, it really is awesome. The sons all fit when you are playing, and I like everyone of them, well, except Haku-men's.

• I personally enjoyed the Blazblue OST when I bought the game. The songs do fit with everyone like Ragna and Carl. Daisuke did mention when he came over here to California that the soundtrack was not as straight up rock or heavy metal. He wanted to do Blazblue's soundtrack with newer approaches and not let the soundtrack just have heavy guitars, but more different elements.

• Zankaze said...
    • User
    • 2 Mar 2010, 23:12
    I like it,you can see he has taken a different approach with the music,the same way blazblue is a different game ..it sets itself apart.
    It also keeps people who approach Blazblue for the first time see it as a new IP,
    not as ''that GG clone''

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.