A clip with Baron Carl Von Reichenbach aka Dejan Knez (ex Laibach)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2008, 21:51

A clip with Baron Carl Von Reichenbach aka Dejan Knez (ex Laibach)

An interesting video in which Dejan explains the details of his new project. I've already uploaded this clip on youtube some time ago, but an anonymous "close friend" of Laibach suggested me to remove it (!). I refused, and the Youtube guys removed it insted of me... >:-/
    Anyway, I found that this clip still exists on the internet. Thought some of you Laibach fans might find it interesting...

• cell_44 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 18 Oct 2008, 15:02

aaaaaaaww

it`s no longer available :(((((((

• Indeed.. removed here as well... any change of an upload elsewhere, or a summary of what he told?

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Oct 2008, 18:23
    How come...?! But it works! Hmmmm...... you are not the first with such complain. I don't understand.
    Anyway, here is link with the (downloadable) clip, plus you will find some extra infos (and mp3) about the (secret?) project called "Dark Side of Europa"... :D
    Tell me if you have problems again, and I will upload the clip on rapidshare or something like that. It would be a shame not to see this...

• he's looking pretty haggard. Didn't he leave because of drug problems?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2008, 11:48
    Yeah, he looks and sounds like a looney... Probably the reason why the clip had to be removed - Laibach were afraid for their reputation (=mechandise sale), and had alarmed this guy on youtube to do something about it. And he did. The clip disapeared.
    What a diguisting reason for censorship. Blocking the ex band colleague's work, because of their own benefit. No simple parting of the ways.

• cell_44 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 19 Oct 2008, 12:48
    I thought the same, watching the clip last night...his talking about sending signals to Universe and all. But he looks so bohemian profoundly cynical, that the clip can not reflect him in a bad light whatsoever :P

• I'll be pretty amused if a band who has spent so long building a reputation as ambiguously fascist is afraid that they might get some negative fallout because an old member went philip k dick on them.

• also isn't this guy the one who essentially founded laibach in the first place?

• He is indeed one of the founding members... as a matter of fact he still is a member at times, or so it seemsKnez joined the group again during the WAT tour; and again on the promo concert of the Kunst der Fuge in Leipzig. In the meanwhile Knez was not in the band.From the wikipedia-page.

...went Philip K. Dick on themI love to see a link to my favourite SF author appear like this ;)

That said: I seen the clip... I am intrigued... what exactly in these 4 minutes is so shocking that it had to be removed? The fact that the guy has a hard time reading from paper?

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • If his music goes more in the direction of his post-human satellite music radio waves rant then the music clip on the site suggests I'll be the first one to buy his album. I may even like it more than laibach, although that's a big maybe. Right now though, I don't like the mp3 clip so much.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2008, 20:47
    Actually he toured with the band all the time, until that stupid Anthems tour [2004/05]. After which he left the group (or has been excluded? :-P). Volk is, as I understood, all Silence's work, except for the lyrics. Not knowing that, I was quite surprised not seeing Knez on stage on Volk tour. It's now like 2 years since the last LP came out, and they still tour without him. So, after all this time it seems quite clear that he's not with them anymore.
    According to rumors ( :-D ), he's a drug addict. Hence, probably not capable of following the harsh, laborious rhythm that music industry dictates "new CD/2 years in bus/new CD/2 years in bus...". I assume, the parting point for Knez and the serious capitalists, Novak and Fras. Who knows....
    So, this is what that Laibach's "advocate" posted me in the first place [in Croatian]:
    "It's nice of you uploading this interview with Dejan, but please, I ask you to remove the clip because it is not at all representative, and it only does harm to Dejan and Laibach.
    Thanks in advance!"
    Now let's be honest - Knez mumbles bollocks and looks like a hobo in the clip. Or "looks so bohemian" if you want. AND for the Laibachgeldmaschine "not at all representative". Serious profit demands perfection. No dirty laundry. I suppose those are some high standards that music industry sets, something that we, the audience, will not easily understand... The clip got flagged [for infringing copyrights!], than removed.

Like some rich highborns trying to hide that their daughter is on cocaine and has been taped doing something that she shouldn't ... :)

Cruel to Dejan Knez.
    Still, I would be a pity not seeing this, I think.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2008, 21:08

Where's my clip?!

• cell_44 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 20 Oct 2008, 22:05
    @Hrodebert, visionaries always seem like talking bullocks to their contemporaries :D

• why is it copyright infringement if it's already posted for free and for download on the internet?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2008, 21:11

That's the point here!

Since the clip was posted for free use, I LEGALLY obtained it and uploaded on youtube. Right. But, "someone" didn't like the idea of the clip being available to everyone [now we can assume who and why...]. And than I've been asked to remove it. I refused. Few days after, the youtube guys removed it insted - because it infringed copyrights. Whose? Noone's of course - it's been totally available to every visitor of darkpray.com. It's "public property", right? :) But that's how justice works on youtube - everyone can flag everyone's clip for copyright infringement, not previously providing ANY evidence of authorship... It such lawlessness everyone's work can be targeted. Any reason for censoreship can be disguised under "copyright infringement", but this particular case is really disgusting.

I personally don't care for Dejan's problems with his former band collegues, but this whole story of the clip not being "represenatative" and "copyright infringement" really makes me sick.

• :D

My oppinion: Laibach's first years controversy was planned with Dejan right?... So, who cares about copyrights, problems with Laibach or drugs... Dejan Knez is a genius and he is getting the controversy he likes, so... Let's support him and who cares about you tube guys. Long live Dejan!...
    Thank you Hrodebert ;) i was wondering about him and i really like all the "non representative" stuff from him. What a great video clip, i want the entire film from Miha Koron, if somebody knows something about, please let me know.

• PiecesOfQuiet said:
    I'll be pretty amused if a band who has spent so long building a reputation as ambiguously fascist is afraid that they might get some negative fallout because an old member went philip k dick on them.

This all over the joint. I mean, I still like them, butI feel like they've lost some integrity.

How do I emo up in here ?
  • ZeroAsALimit said:
    PiecesOfQuiet said:
    I'll be pretty amused if a band who has spent so long building a reputation as ambiguously fascist is afraid that they might get some negative fallout because an old member went philip k dick on them.

This all over the joint. I mean, I still like them, butI feel like they've lost some integrity.

I didn't even notice there being a joint!

• sooo... did anybody still has link of this video?

• Yeah, I am curious as well - any sign we'll see that video?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.