Crypto-Fascist Manifesto V2.0

• Crypto-Fascist Manifesto V2.0

Ladies and Gentlemen, Kameraden, fellow CryptoFas,

Some time ago I wrote our Manifesto. I posted the work in progress in it's own thread and stickified that thread so it would be on top of the discussions. After all, it was a work in progress. A lot has been happening since that moment. We grew explosivly (I recall the night gorebatjov and me started the group and calling a few friends who might be willing to join, just to prevent that Last.FM would delete the group due to not enough members), we have been called Fascists and have had rather hot discussions about that, we created our first merchandise (I wonder how many Last.FM-groups can say that) and our second run is on the way. We have seen a MySpace-account being deleted and re-instituted.
    It is because of that second account I write this little intro.
    Our MySpace-page was deleted -most probably- because people miss the fact that Crypto-Fascism has nothing to do with Fascism, and that the meaning on Wikipedia is rather biased. We all know that if there is one thing that we are not, it is being hidden...

However, one of us decided that my first draw of the Manifesto was grammatically a little incorrect and (and this is my own idea) showed signs of not being written by a native speaker. And I admit, being Dutch means (amongst other things, that are totally unrelated) that English is my second language.
    So, Coffinwood_Mill took the job on himself to rewrite the Manifesto. And I have to admit, my first reaction when I saw the result was "wow!!".

I took a little time to think and then decided that I was about to open a new thread on the forum. A thread dedicated to the Manifesto. The new Manifesto. So I unsickified the old thread. I will leave it open, but I will allow it to slowly sink a little.
    This thread will take its place.
    Kameraden, I present you, "The Crypto-Fascist Manifesto Version 2.0"
    The CryptoFa Manifesto: What is our Crypto-Fascism?

Crypto-Fascism is a movement for the people.
    It is an apolitical movement that reverses Karl Marx’s claim that “everything is politics”. It is a burgeoning faction of apolitical and secular-minded individuals who wish to research and revise the contentious and controversial symbols that fascinate them. It is the foremost objective of Crypto-Fascism to reclaim the maligned symbols of history and exorcise them from the bonds of denigration. Crypto-Fascism as a rule does not tolerate racism, prejudice or dogmatism in any way and does not rely on elitism nor does it lean upon the sanitized position of higher moral ground when addressing the principles of the movement it supports.

Crypto-Fascism is a tool for the people.
    It is a movement that attempts to awaken and inform the populace by examining fascism as a historical phenomenon and to warn against the spectre of fascism in our contemporary time. It is a movement that seeks to validate the art we enjoy and fight against the vilification of that art by the ignorant. It is a movement that promotes an open dialogue by utilizing the shocking and divisive symbols, names and styles that normally elicit fear and hatred. Shock is a means of igniting pertinent discussion, while education and reclamation of history is our ultimate goal. Crypto-Fascism as a movement is as beautiful or ugly as the beholder - it reflects and demands reflection.

Crypto-Fascism is not fascism.
    The objective of the group is one that is executed devoid of any political subscription. Crypto-Fascism recognizes no specific political philosophy but supports freedom of speech and artistic expression. As a movement, Crypto-Fascism is the coalescing of the reputable and repugnant sides of human nature, birthing forth something that is aesthetically pleasing, leaving the unprepared to wonder or draw conclusions, which often results in discussion on significant issues. It is a movement that feasts upon all shades of grey, distancing itself from the fixed and interchangeable tendencies of the black and white. Crypto-Fascism is all about the aesthetic principle, the au courant, and the image.

Crypto-Fascism does not hate.
    It is a movement that supports introspection, examination, education, and not degeneration. It is a social evolution that forces the beholder to reflect on their outlook, and to rethink the varying positions of others. It is a social community that accepts individuals from all creed, country and ethnic backgrounds. Crypto-Fascism is a movement and ideal that promotes discussion that does not shy away from the hard questions. It looks for answers where answers are not easy and where the most treaded paths often lead to dead-end’s. Crypto-Fascism turns left into right, right into wrong, and leads wrong to what was left.

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • Ok :-) Let's translate it into all languages of the world :-)

Free download of the Maolympic Games Sampler @ Archive.org
  • EBM_Head said:
    Ok :-) Let's translate it into all languages of the world :-)

Less than 4 hours after the initial post, and about an hour and a half after the quoted one, the first translation ended up in my inbox. Thank you tristania for your (rough) Bulgarian translation ;)

Of course this one, just like the previous version is free to be shot at.

• I messed it up at the ending. I suggest that you replace

"Крипто-Фашизмът обръща лявото в дясно, дясното в неправилно
    и води неправилното към това, което е било ляво."

with

"Крипто-фашизмът превръща лявото в дясно, правилното в грешно и води в грешна посока към това, което е останало."

I was kinda sleepy... sorry for that. :)

• "Corruption, the most infallible symptom of constitutional liberty." - Edward Gibbon
    Edited by Coffinwood_Mill on 27 Jan 2012, 18:24
  • I think we (Frank and myself) will come up with a proper translation as soon as possible. I like the new version of our manifesto, it explains much more than before and in a easier way to get in mind. Hopefully the FAQ won't be necessary cause of it.

• I like it. The last manifesto was fine in my opinion, but I agree that it was probably a little vague and contained, whilst not grammatical errors per se, some rather unorthodox sentence structure.

Vive le difference, vive le revolucion, vive le cryptofa!

Official Anti-Isreali Venom Dog and General Wacko!
    AntiOxymoron/LonerRD: "Free speech is not acceptable"
  • I am about to translate into Spanish and Catalan as soon as I complete some Uni work I'm overdue.

Later, d00den!

I'm amazing, check me out.
  • Coffinwood_Mill, Kudos!

I really like the V2.0 of the Manifesto, and I wholly support the shift.

[d]

• "Corruption, the most infallible symptom of constitutional liberty." - Edward Gibbon
  • I'm about to complete the Catalan one. Will jump onto the Spanish one later.

• Seems to be hard to translate... :/

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2008, 22:07
    Turkish version coming soon

• voxstellarvm said:

The stalker I am, I gave it a closer look. (;

http://www.panzergrenadiers.com

:O

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Feb 2008, 00:11
    I'm too lazy to upload images on Imageshack so I copied it

• I am finding myself in trouble when translating the manifesto, because it is now too-English-based, so it is hard to literally translate per se, whereas the former was more translation-friendly. So I will tonight release a provisional version, which I will be revising - and rewriting - with a more personal approach, so that it seems more sincere and not a mere translation. I just want to give Spanish and Catalan readers a good insight in my words, because writing well in my mother tongues is something that I can be very proud of, and something I look up to when it comes to English or German.

Is anyone against my petition?

• It is my personal believe that the spirit of the manifesto is more important than an exact translation of the words.
    I myself (as the original writer of the first version) am very content with the changes as provided by Coffinwood_Mill, but do think that the translations need to be focused on the meaning rather than the words.

• Yep, I sent the 2.0 version of the Catalan Manifest. Could you please bold the following sentences?

Cripto-Feixisme és un moviment pel poble.
    Cripto-Feixisme és una eina pel poble.
    Cripto-Feixisme no és feixisme.
    Cripto-Feixisme no odia.

Which are the first phrase of each paragraph.
    It would look better because it would resemble the Original Manifesto 2.0 more.

Thanks in advance. I'll try to improve the translation and jump onto the Spanish one before Wednesday.

Edited by Coffinwood_Mill on 27 Jan 2012, 18:23
  • Jester-NL sagte:
    ...but do think that the translations need to be focused on the meaning rather than the words.

Very glad to hear that, it was hard to find the right terms... will go on working on the German translation as soon as possible!

• PanLobo said...
    • User
    • 11 Feb 2008, 19:16
    Please change in polish translation from "Manifest Kryptofaszystowski" to "Manifest Kryptofaszyzmu"- the first one sounds funny in our language.

• You just wait...

I could try to come up with a finnish translation :)

"The sky above the port was the colour of television tuned to a dead channel..." William Gibson
    • Anotae said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2008, 16:52

Re: You just wait...

neupuppy said:
    I could try to come up with a finnish translation :)

There already is one. See the 'Manifestos in Different Languages' thread. You're still free to suggest improvements for it, though

• Dutch translation coming up, as good as finished!

The rules of coping with me:
    1. I am on medication. What's your excuse?
    2. I resent the term "hypocrite". I'd rather be called "morally ambivalent".
    3. In my little world, I'm always right!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.