Crescent Shield Vocalist Michael Grant Has Passed Away

• Crescent Shield Vocalist Michael Grant Has Passed Away

Michael Grant passed away on May 31, 2012 at Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, CA after a relatively brief but serious illness. He was 39 years old. He was peaceful and surrounded by family at the time of his passing.
    From the official site.

Really sad news. Just found out this today, as I was browsing the Cruz del Sur website. First I really couldn't believe what my eyes saw. "In memory of Michael Grant" said the headline. This can't be true I thought. Shocked as I was, I had to check the official Crescent Shield site as well, for confirmation. There I found the quoted post and I had to believe that this sad thing is really true. After the horrible realization, I thought that I must write something about this.

When I first discovered Crescent Shield back in the summer of 2007, the first thing that really made this band different and interesting were the unique vocals. Before that I had never heard that kind of singing, singing that was so dramatic and powerful at the same time. The voice was also varied and could suit the feeling of the music, be it sad and melancholic or proud and aggressive or anything in between. The combination of talented singing and great musicianship made Crescent Shield my favorite USPM band.

It is always really sad to see, that someone from your favorite band has passed away. Its a bit like losing a member of the family. Like all the fans and the band form one big family and now a really important figure is gone. This truly is a sad day and a day I thought I would never have to see.

Farewell Michael and thank you for the great music and talented singing. You rose higher than mere mortals. My condolences to his family and friends.

"We are not fucking living in a trailer camp just listening to Anthrax..." - Fenriz on techno.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.