Okay, so I was trying to figure out what the hell this is.. So, figuring that its binary, I converted it to decimal which turns out to be "1141"

I didn't know what to connect 1141 to, so i figured i'd try the bible because the song mentions prayer..

John 11:41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me."

So i'm thinking its probably a connection to that.. Or maybe i'm totally off. Who knows.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2005, 18:24

Maybe..

Maybe you're right, maybe not. But try finding "Ribonucleaic acid, freak out. The power of prayer" in the bible, maybe thats in the quo'ran or something

• HeliuM said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2005, 18:21

Gibberish

Those numbers are just gibberish (like most of Clutch lyrics) I read an interview with the singer and he said that the numbers doesn't mean anything at all. He used to sing those numbers to the rythm while they were jamming and it just stuck as both the chorus and title to the song.

• Re: Gibberish

Quoth HeliuM:
    Those numbers are just gibberish (like most of Clutch lyrics) I read an interview with the singer and he said that the numbers doesn't mean anything at all. He used to sing those numbers to the rythm while they were jamming and it just stuck as both the chorus and title to the song.

Ah.... I love Clutch.

• Re: Gibberish

Quoth HeliuM:

Ah.... I love Clutch.

• A friend of mine came up with this weird info about this song. The song mentions the Temple of Syrinx, right? The Temple of Syrinx plays a big part in Rush's "2112" album. Now apply some selective math to "10001110101," and you get:

1+0+0+0+1=2, 1, 1, 0+1+0+1=2... 2112. Could be a coincidence, but pretty crazy, huh? =)

• It doesn't mean anything, like most of Neil's lyrics, as he always says.

• Fuck, I don't know what they're ever on about but they sure do right songs that stick to the mind like jizz to a midget...

bring on the 28th!

MWAH HA HA HA!

• Umm....Think it might be computer code...computers only read in 1's and 0's don't they? But everyone's right neil's lyrics don't mean much...except for the latest record, beale st., I read in an interview that those songs were actually about something for example Power Player is about flying in a commercial jet..."Montgomery Village" is a town by where he grew up

• Our friend Lazarus sleeps . . .

• TheKraken said:
    A friend of mine came up with this weird info about this song. The song mentions the Temple of Syrinx, right? The Temple of Syrinx plays a big part in Rush's "2112" album. Now apply some selective math to "10001110101," and you get:

1+0+0+0+1=2, 1, 1, 0+1+0+1=2... 2112. Could be a coincidence, but pretty crazy, huh? =)

But there's no such thing as 2!

blah!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2010, 14:49
    I think it's Clutch being Clutch - singing about weird stuff.

• vene_ said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2010, 08:40
    I love the speculation to this song, just like on songmeanings.net. The words may not mean anything when they were written, but like many of Clutch's lyrics, they do get your imagination working.

• I don't think it's the actual reason why it's called that, but it kinda sounds like Bender's prayer on that episode where he joins the Church of Robotology. And there's a couple of lines about a metallic messiah in the song. Probably just a coincidence though.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.