Air? Moby? Dido? Queen??

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Mar 2005, 19:28

Air? Moby? Dido? Queen??

What are they doing in the weekly charts of an only-classical group?

Edited by a deleted user on 27 Mar 2005, 19:28
  • Ah, I'm sorry, didn't read the blurb on the door ;-)

I'll "Leave Group", now you'll need to find the other offender. More than 1 person needs to listen in for an an artist to appear on the list.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2005, 17:27

Cleaning up

Yes, please eliminate the offender. This is my only classical music source. Though perhaps a better idea is to introduce our own tag to tag real classical music with? Unfortunately, the 'classical' tag is contaminated with classic rock and others. Of course, its likely that this new tag would also suffer a non-classical infection.

• Resie said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2005, 16:30
    I thought "classical" was... well, classical, and "classic" was classic rock etc.

But after one day of Last FM I am confused already. :P

Question is: How do you tag "classical" in a way so people know we mean strings, symfonies, opera, Baroque, Renée Fleming, John Eliott Gardiner, Yo Yo Ma, Gabriel Fauré and all the other things that don't come to my mind at this moment?

By the way: Air, Dido and Queen I can maybe explain:

Air: Air by J.S. Bach (everybody knows that one)
    Dido: Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell (I recommend it if you like Baroque opera)
    Queen: Arival of the Queen by Henry Purcell (quite well-known as well)

Maybe that explains something? Still, where does the Moby come from? :)

Edited by Resie on 25 Oct 2005, 16:33
    • Bertels said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2005, 11:36

Don't let the charts lead you.....

This forum should be a place to talk about classical music, explain stuff to eachother and help finding the right composers and all....

What has a chart to do with that?
    This way you put up an enourmes treshold for all of us who listen to classical music every now and then..... like me ;-)

Now..... can i join?

Coach Bertels & Valerie
    Scrobbling Soulseek (Bertels)
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.