Wargasm - Why Play Around?

• Wargasm - Why Play Around?

Review from classicthrash.com:

With their debut album Wargasm added some inventive touches to the standard thrash metal formula. For being the band's first release, Why Play Around? is surprisingly mature and filled with incredibly tasty and catchy riffs. The music contains some strong Motorhead influences, which shows in the relaxed sound and bouncy rhythms of many songs on this album. Actually, it isn't until Undead when the band really hit the full speed, however, the quality of riffs is quite amazing throughout this recording and the rich production only helps to highlight this fact. The vocals sound a bit thin, but they still fit the band's style very well. Why Play Around? may not be the fastest thrash metal album around, but there's no reason to complain about it when the music is this good.

Tracklist:

1. Wasteland
    2. Revenge
    3. Bullets & Blades
    4. Undead
    5. Merritt's Girlfriend
    6. Sudden Death
    7. Wargasm
    8. Le Cou Cou
    9. Humanoid

Download

• Thanks for the link dude, a band I've been meaning to check out for ages now, thanks.

• Justd1e said...
    • User
    • 22 Jun 2008, 16:45
    Ive tried them a while ago. Solid thrash.

Blessed be a mind too small for doubt.
    • olzzy said...
    • User
    • 25 Jun 2008, 13:08
    I listened them some time ago. Their melodies are awesome, good riffs and also very good thrash.
    Bullets & Blades!!!

• Just one word: Undead!!!

• Wow... I've never heard of em.

• jsnruf said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2008, 00:14
    Wish I could find this on CD.

• very good album.A little repetitive but nevetheless pretty good

• a really good album!

The Escapist
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.