Battle of the Bands (bit different)²

• Battle of the Bands (bit different)²

Another one takes the bug!

I post the hall of fame/shame here and also the last reply.

Hall of Fame:

38 special, ABBA, AC/DC, The Alan Parsons Project, The Allman Brothers Band, Alvin Lee, The Animals, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Badfinger, The Band, The Bar-Kays, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Bogert & Appice, Bill Withers, Billy Joel, Black Crowes, Black Sabbath, Blind Faith, Blondie, Blue Öyster Cult, The Blues Magoos, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band, Bonzo Dog Band, Boston, Bread, Bruce Springsteen, Buddy Guy, Budgie, Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, Can, Canned Heat, Carl Perkins, The Cars, Cheap Trick, The ChesterField Kings, The Chills, Chuck Berry, Clarence Clemmons, The Clash, Crazy Horse, Cream, Country Joe & the Fish, Coverdale/Page, Crack the Sky, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby & Nash, // Crosby, Stills & Nash, // Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, // Charlie Daniels Band, Curtis Mayfield, The Damned, Dan Fogelberg, David Bowie, The Derek Trucks Band, Delaney & Bonnie, Dee Dee Ramone, Deep Purple, Derek and the Dominos, The Dictators, Dire Straits, Don Henley, The Doors, Drive by Truckers, Dr. Hook, Eagles, East of Eden, Eddie & the Hotrods, EGG, Electric Flag, Electric Light Orchestra, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Eric Clapton, Fairport Convention, The Firm, Fleetwood Mac, The Flock, Free, Frank Zappa, Gary Moore, Genesis, Gentle Giant, The Georgia Satellites, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Gong, Gordon Lightfoot, Gov't Mule, Grayson Hugh, Greenslade, The Guess Who, Guns N' Roses, Guru Guru, Gypsy, George Harrison, Gerry Rafferty, Great White, Heaven and Hell, Herman's Hermits, The Hollies, Hot Tuna, Humble Pie, Ides of March, Iggy Pop, INXS, Iron Maiden, It's a Beautiful Day, The J. Geils Band, Jack Bruce, Jackson Browne, James Gang, Janis Ian, Jeff Beck, Jeff Healey Band goes, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Joe Cocker, Joe Walsh, Joey Ramone, John Cale, John Fogerty, John Lennon, John Martyn, John Mayall, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, John Mellencamp, Johnny Winter, Joni Mitchell, Jorma Kaukonen, Judas Priest, Kaleidoscope, Kansas, King Crimson, Kix, Led Zeppelin, Leslie West, Little Richard, Little River Band, Los Lobos, Lou Gramm, Lou Reed, The Lovin' Spoonful, Magnum, The Mamas & The Papas, Mandrill, Marshall Tucker Band, Max Webster, May Blitz, The MC5, The Meat Puppets, The Meters, Mike & the Mechanics, Moby Grape, The Moody Blues, Mother's Finest, Mott the Hoople, Mountain, Muddy Waters, Neil Young, The Nighthawks, North Mississippi Allstars, Omega, The Outlaws, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Ozzy Osbourne, Patti Smith, Paul Butterfield Blues Band , Paul McCartney, Paul Rodgers, Paul Simon, Peter Gabriel, Peter Green, Poco, Pink Floyd, The Pixies, The Pretty Things, Procol Harum, Public Image Limited, Queen, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Radio Birdman, Rainbow, Ram Jam, Rare Earth, R.E.M., Renaissance, Robbie Robertson, Robert Plant, Robin Trower, Rod Stewart, Roger Waters, The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood, Rory Gallagher, Roy Buchanan, Santana, Seals & Crofts, The Seeds, Savoy Brown, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, The Shocking Blue, Simon and Garfunkel, Soft Machine, Space Opera, Spinal Tap, Spirit, Spooky Tooth, Status Quo, Steve Hackett, Steve Miller Band, Steve Winwood, Stevie Nicks, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Steppenwolf, Stephen Stills, Steve Hillage, Stills/Young Band, Stone The Crows, Supertramp, Sweet Smoke, The Swinging Blue Jeans, Syd Barrett, Terry Reid, T.Rex, Taste, Ten Years After, Thin Lizzy, Traffic, Trapeze, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Twisted Sister, U2, UK, Uriah Heep, Van Morrison, T-Bone Burnett, The Velvet Underground, Wigwam, Willy Deville, Wishbone Ash, The Who, Wrathchild America, XTC, The Yardbirds, Yes, The Zombies, ZZ Top.

Hall of Shame:

13th Floor Elevators, 1910 Fruitgum Company, The A-Bones, Aerosmith, Al Green, Alice Cooper, Alicia Bridges, The Amboy Dukes, American Dog, Andy Kim, Anthrax, The Archies, Aretha Franklin, Asia, Atomic Rooster, Axxis, Babe Ruth, Bad Company, Barry Manilow, Bay City Rollers, The Beckies, The Bee Gees, The Bees, Bertie Higgins, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Big Star, Billy Idol, B.J. Thomas, Black Country Communion, Blood Sweat and Tears, Blossom Toes, Bobbie Gentry, Bobby Rydell, Bobby Sherman, Bobby Vee, Bobby Vinton, Boney M (lol), Bon Jovi, The Box Tops, Boz Skaggs, Buddy Miles, The Buckinghams, Bush, Cactus, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Carly Simon, Carole King, Cat Stevens, Cher, Chicago, Clear Light, The Creation, The Crystals, Dave Clark Five, Dave Mason, Debby Boone, Def Leppard, Dio, Dion, Dokken, Donald Fage, Eddie Money, Elf, Eric Carmen, Europe, Fabian, Five Man Electrical Band, Flamin' Groovies, Flower Travellin' Band, Focus, Foghat, The Four Tops, Fugazi, Gene Pitney, Geordie, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Gary Puckett and The Union Gap, Gillian, Glass Harp, Glass Tiger, Glenn Frey, Golden Earring, Grateful Dead, Greg Lake, Gwar, Hello, Helloween, Hook, Huey Lewis & The News, Indian Summer, The Jaggerz, Janis Joplin, Jay and The Americans, Jeannie C. Riley, Jello Biafra, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jim Croce, Jim Ford, Jimmy Buffett, Jo Jo Gunne, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Jesse Winchester, Joe Tex, John Cafferty, Jon & Vangelis, Journey, K.C. and The Sunshine Band, Kate Bush, Kenny Loggins, The Kinks, Kiss, Kopperfield, Leaf Hound, Lee Michaels, Leif Garrett, The Lemon Pipers, Les Dudek, Leslie Gore, Levon Helm, Lindsey Buckingham, Little Feat, Loggins and, Messina, Love, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Madonna, Manassas, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Manowar, Mary McGregor, Melanie, The Melvins, Mick Jagger, Michael McDonald, Michael Jackson, Michael Schenker Group, Mike Bloomfield, Minor Threat, Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels, Meatloaf, Megadeth, Metallica, Moe, Mojo Men, Molly Hatchet, The Monkees, The Motions, The Move, The Moving Sidewalks, Mr. Big, Mungo Jerry, Naplam Death, National Health, Nazareth, Night Ranger, Nils Lofgren, Nirvana, Nolan Strong, Norman Greenbaum, Oasis, Ohio Express, Orleans, The Osmonds, Pantera, Patrick Simmons, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Paul Weller, Pearl Jam, Pat Boone, Pete Brown & Piblokto!, Peter Frampton, Peter Kaukonen, Peter McCann, Phenomena, Poison, The Police, Quiet Riot, The Rascals, Ratt, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REO Speedwagon, Rick Derringer, Rick Springfield, Rick Wakeman, Ringo Starr, The Rockin' Berries, The Rutles, Roy Orbison, Rush, Sailor, Saxon, Sea Level, Scorpions (lol), Scott McKenzie, Shaun Cassidy, Sheryl Crow, The Shirelles, Skid Row, Slade, Slayer, The Smashing Pumpkins, SRC, Starland Vocal Band, Sting, Stephen Bishop, The Stone Ponys, Soundgarden, The Sound Magic, Stealers Wheel, Steely Dan, Styx, Sugarloaf, Suzi Quatro, Sweet, Tankard, Ted Nugent, Television, Tesla, Testament, Them, Thunder, Tim Buckley, Timothy B. Schmit, Tito & Tarantula, Toe Fat, The Tokens, Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart, Tommy James and The Shondells, The Tubes, Thunderclap Newman, Tom Waits, Tommy Tutone, Tony Joe White, Toto, Triumph, U.D.O., UFO, Utopia, Van der Graaf Generator, Van Halen, Walter Becker, Warrant, W.A.S.P., Wayne Fontana and The Mindbenders, Wet Willie, West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, Whitesnake, Widespread Panic, Willie Nile, The Youngbloods.

game rules :

Battle of the bands
    *stolen from all other threads that do this

I'm gonna write out the names of the top 5 bands of these charts and give them all 30 points. Each successive player will give 2 points to a band and take 2 points from a band. When and if a band gets to 60 points, it goes to the hall of fame and the player to get it there can introduce a new band to be voted on, which will start with 30 points. If a band gets to 0, it goes to the hall of shame and the person to get it there can introduce a new band of his choice which will start with 30 points. Come on people, keep it interesting!

Rules:
    -3 posts per day.
    -No consecutive posting. In other words, you can't use all 3 of your posts right after each other, someone has to post in between your posting.
    -For readability purposes, write *SAVE* next to the band you give 2 points to and *KILL* next to the band you take 2 points from.

Last reply and game on !

Triumph 40 save
    Prince 2
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 34
    Jefferson Airplane 40
    Roy Orbison 26 kill

Edited by Fortiske on 20 Jul 2011, 09:27
  • Triumph 40
    Prince 0 kill
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 34
    Jefferson Airplane 42 save
    Roy Orbison 26

New band : Ten Years After

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His MAgic Band 32 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 42
    Roy Orbison 26
    Ten Years After 32 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His MAgic Band 32
    Jefferson Airplane 44 SAVE
    Roy Orbison 24 KILL
    Ten Years After 32

"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction "

- Salvador Dali -

My blog - nobodylv.tumblr.com
    Edited by Sviests4 on 17 Jun 2008, 18:21
  • sorry!

"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction "

- Salvador Dali -

Edited by Sviests4 on 17 Jun 2008, 18:22
  • Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 30 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 44
    Roy Orbison 24
    Ten Years After 34 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 28 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 44
    Roy Orbison 24
    Ten Years After 36 save

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2008, 21:20
    Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 30 Save
    Jefferson Airplane 44
    Roy Orbison 22 Kill
    Ten Years After 36

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 28 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 44
    Roy Orbison 22
    Ten Years After 38 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 28
    Jefferson Airplane 44
    Roy Orbison 20 kill
    Ten Years After 40 save

• Triumph 40
    Jefferson Airplane 46 SAVE
    Roy Orbison 18 KILL
    Ten Years After 40

- Salvador Dali -

• Triumph 38 KILL
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 20 SAVE
    Ten Years After 40

• Triumph 40 save
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 18 kill
    Ten Years After 40

• triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band 26 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 18
    Ten Years After 42 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band 26
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 16 kill
    Ten Years After 44 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 24 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 16
    Ten Years After 46 save

• Triumph 38 KILL
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 26 SAVE
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 16
    Ten Years After 46

• 3rd for Jun 18:

Triumph 40 save
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 24 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 46
    Roy Orbison 16
    Ten Years After 46

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 24
    Jefferson Airplane 48 SAVE
    Roy Orbison 14 KILL
    Ten Years After 46

- Salvador Dali -

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 22 -
    Jefferson Airplane 48
    Roy Orbison 14
    Ten Years After 48 save

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2008, 23:30
    Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 22
    Jefferson Airplane 50 save
    Roy Orbison 12 kill
    Ten Years After 48

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 20 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 50
    Roy Orbison 12
    Ten Years After 50 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 20
    Jefferson Airplane 52 SAVE
    Roy Orbison 10 KILL
    Ten Years After 50

- Salvador Dali -

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 18 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 52
    Roy Orbison 10
    Ten Years After 52 save

• Triumph 40
    Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band 16 kill
    Jefferson Airplane 52
    Roy Orbison 10
    Ten Years After 54 save

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.