Forgotten, Lost or unknown Classic Rock songs.

• Forgotten, Lost or unknown Classic Rock songs.

In this topic you can find video's from bands they never play anymore on the radio. If you know some songs you can post it here in this topic. For some a discovery or perhaps great memories...

Love is All (Roger Glover) What a video (1974)

Enjoy and rediscover.

• Snowy White - Bird of Paradise

Edited by Fortiske on 12 Apr 2007, 18:04
  • Uriah Heep - Lady in Black

• Iron Horse - Sweet Lui-Louise

• Ayreon - Day 11 : Love

• [youtube]Grayson Hugh Betty Wright - How "Bout Us[/youtube]

still trying to post...

SUCCESS AT LAST, SEE BELOW

Edited by felixkanmixit on 16 Apr 2007, 03:29
  • Thanks Dirk, I enjoyed these.

Good music and art nourish the weary soul.
  • felixkanmixit said:
    [youtube]Grayson Hugh Betty Wright - How "Bout Us[/youtube]

still trying to post...

copy the adress and stick it between the youtubes :)
    Keep tryin'

Song from felixkanmixit

• Thanks, Dirk. A techie I'm not. Grayson Hugh is a personal favorite of mine. His music is hard to find ...but what a voice. Ms. Betty Wright isn't bad either.

• One of the first videos I ever saw and it blew me away!

• Here is a live performance by Traffic on two classic songs, Freedom Rider from John Barleycorn Must Die and 40,000 Headmen from their self titled album. There is 20 seconds of a cheesy visual effect at the beginning, so hang in there for the concert.

• Here is a homemade video using a vast collection of strange images along with Spooky Tooth's cover of I Am The Walrus. I submit it as much for the freaky-cool amateur video as for the great cover of The Beatles' classic. Personally, I think Spooky Tooth performs the song the way it should have been it the first place.

Edited by felixkanmixit on 15 Apr 2007, 16:25
  • Live Wishbone Ash with the dueling guitars from about 1972.

Edited by felixkanmixit on 16 Apr 2007, 03:33
  • A live performance of Time Was by Wishbone Ash from their album Argus. The date is about 1972.

and Blowin' Free live from 1973

• Great songs. That's why this topic for :)

Poco - C'mon

• Argent - Hold your head up

• Does someone know this band ?
    Lordi (Finland they won the Eurovision songcontest last year)

Song : Hard Rock Hallelujah

• Just found another classic song.
    Gary Moore - Over the hills and far away (1986)
    Keep diggin' it up. There are more songs to discover!

• Kansas, during their early progressive period performing Icarus from the album Masque. I saw them about this time doing free concerts at the university I attended.

• Procol Harum is one of the oldest continually performing bands from classic rock. Here is a brief video history of the music, starting with A Whiter Shade Of Pale(1967). There are a couple of dozen performances of the song on YouTube, but I've chosen what must be one of the oldest attempts to create a music video.It's such a bad attempt its humorous.

Next is a performance of Conquistador at a festival in The Netherlands , also in 1967. The new rock bands were trying to find identity by creating a unique appearance. This one didn't stick...thank God.

A Salty Dog is perhaps their most critically acclaimed piece of music. This performance is an early one (1967) where the video is overlayed with real time and slow motion scenes but the performance is great. Gary Brooker rules!

This video is actually 2 1972 performances recorded back to back. Pilgrims Progress is followed up by Quite Rightly So. By now Robin Trower and Mathew Fisher had left the band. Gary is still the anchor and B.J. Wilson is still on drums.

Fast forward to a recent performance of Procol Harum performing Pardora's Box. Gary Brooker shows he still has a wonderful voice and Matt Fisher is back on Hammond organ. That's the talanted Matt Pegg on lead guitar, where's he has been for a decade or so.

Edited by felixkanmixit on 10 May 2007, 18:34
  • One of my favorites...

For What it's Worth

And the one I intended... :)

For What It's Worth

Edited by gary_lankford on 16 Apr 2007, 02:34
  • Thanks Gary. Brings back a lot of memories, wish I could recall everything though. :-}

• Did you see John Kerry (future Senator and past presidential candidate) with John Lennon in the shot following Janis Joplin in the first (photo montage)Buffalo Springfield Video?

Edited by felixkanmixit on 16 Apr 2007, 02:37
  • photoguy69 said:
    Thanks Gary. Brings back a lot of memories, wish I could recall everything though. :-}

Not the video I( intended, but it's there now, the second. :)

Edited by gary_lankford on 16 Apr 2007, 03:19
  • felixkanmixit said:
    Did you see John Kerry (future Senator and past presidential candidate) with John Lennon in the shot following Janis Joplin in the Buffalo Springfield Video?

I sure wouldn't have recognized him if you hadn't pointed him out. :)

Edited by gary_lankford on 16 Apr 2007, 03:19
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.