When do you stop listening to Christmas songs?

• Gravejr said...
    • User
    • 1 Jan 2008, 20:19

When do you stop listening to Christmas songs?

Well it's not even 12th night and I've found myself playing my first non-Christmas album in possibly two solid months. It's not over yet though as I've still got a few records in the post that will have to be listened to before they're all packed away until next year.

"Me, I'm a sucker, just a slave to sound"
    • EricnSD said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2008, 00:54
    Hmm...soon...probably sometime over the next week as today is officially the "12th" day of Christmas.

• iSui said...
    • User
    • 29 Sep 2008, 13:08
    ~February

"Sans toi, les émotions d'aujourd'hui
    ne seraient que la peau morte des émotions d'autrefois."

ღ Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Wanna join my group? :)
  • January

• January 6th. Epiphany. It's celebrated as the day on which the Three Kings actually arrived at the Stable so it's, kind of, the official end of the season. Plus... It sets a date for me. If I didn't have one, I'd listen to it all year 'round!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2008, 03:14
    I usually stop on December 30th or so. On the 31st its party time and not the time for soft Christmas tunes. BUT... I will pull out my Christmas music in January on cold snowy winter days when it feels like Christmas.

• Bri_82 said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2008, 05:36
    technically, i never really stop. if i'm in the mood, i can listen to christmas music in july. ;)

• January or February

• Usually a couple of days aftyer Christmas

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!
  • probably around new years eve

• Too soon. I got Josh Groban's Noel for Christmas this year, and I'll probably listen to it for a few more days before packing it away for next year.

I love Christmas music so much. I think next year I'll have to find a way to listen to even more of it. Maybe listen to Allison Crowe's Tidings a little more often or something. ;)

• Gravejr said...
    • User
    • 1 Jan 2009, 16:26
    durga2112 said:
    I think next year I'll have to find a way to listen to even more of it.

I often have a little session in the summer where I go through a small section of some of my favourites. ANd htey are some of my all time favourite songs so waiting the best part of a year to listen to them again does seem a little wrong.

Still got a ton of stuff I've downloaded this (well now last year) that I haven't shifted through so may end up trying to get through that through out the year.

"Me, I'm a sucker, just a slave to sound"
  • Gravejr said:
    Still got a ton of stuff I've downloaded this (well now last year) that I haven't shifted through so may end up trying to get through that through out the year.

I am in the same situation, so I may do the same thing. I download just about every bit of free Christmas music I come across, and I'm able to listen to almost all of it until the last few days before Christmas, when some sort of floodgate opens and it seems like EVERYONE is releasing Christmas music.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Mar 2009, 19:11

Never

I Never stop i play Christmas music whenever i like My Birthdays January 19th especially Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade

• I listen to them all-year round.

• Never..I love christmas music.

xoxox's Tee
  • I usually stop in early January. But I do listen to some non-Christmas related Xmas songs like Winter Wonderland and Sleigh Ride through early winter.

• I pretty well wind down by New Years although we usually leave our tree up through Twelfth Night. Like many, the non-religious Christmas songs I may pull out on really snowy days in Jan. & Feb. (We seldom have a White Christmas, this year being a major exception, but get lots of snow/ice in late Jan./early Feb.)

My super-eclectic music score is currently

613/1000

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2010, 00:22
    January

• I listen to it whenever I want. My name's Holly, and it's mentioned heavily in Christmas music, so I love that.

But, I usually take Christmas music out of heavy rotation in early January.

Know Music, Know Life. No Music, No Life.
    • srv_ said...
    • User
    • 26 Oct 2011, 12:35
    I listen to Christmas music throughout the year. Why should it only be played on Christmas? Of course I play Christmas themed albums more often from around October to January, but certain songs are just too good to only listen to once a year. Elvis Presley for instance often performed "Blue Christmas" in concert in July. He didn't care about what time of the year it was, he simply liked the song.

<a href=http://soundfrost.org/ >youtube download</a>

<a href=http://soundfrost.org/ >there</a>
  • When do I stop listening to Christmas music?

If its the fine music of Windham Hill, Narada and the like, I go through the winter with it. I have several cds in the car that make the ride just too pleasant, and the music is more suitable to the quiet times of January and February, rather than the Christmas season. It is absolutely therapeutic!

Rock on!
  • mid january for me

CountryDiva83
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.