Does God have the right to take away one's life?

• ISoS said...
    • User
    • 1 Apr 2012, 23:19
    jonahrotich said:

I'd say that my God who is infinite and created everything for Himself has the right to take anyone's life without owing anyone an explanation. At the end of the day, everything works for good for those that believe in Him.

So your god is a selfish jerk that has no need to feel anything for other sentient beings. Yeah, let's worship that...

My other half: Anath
    Read Black/Death Metal reviews here!: Subjected to Metal
  • ISoS said:
    jonahrotich said:

I'd say that my God who is infinite and created everything for Himself has the right to take anyone's life without owing anyone an explanation. At the end of the day, everything works for good for those that believe in Him.

So your god is a selfish jerk that has no need to feel anything for other sentient beings. Yeah, let's worship that...

My point is that God created everything and therefore, in a sense, owns everything. We, the creatures, are therefore not in a position to question God. It is also worth noting that we are currently in a period of grace were God is a loving Father and invites everyone to His salvation i.e. accepting Jesus as ones saviour. However, in the end, God will be the righteous judge and will punish sinners (those who did not accept His salvation) with eternal death in hell.

We should worship God. In fact, it is more precise to say that we should fear God.

• Persönlich für mich ein Frage aus dem falschen Ansatz. Der Wille des Herrn ist Leben und Heilung. Die Werke von Satan sind Tod, Zerstörung und Verwüstung. Die Heilige Schrift lehrt uns: Meint ihr, ich hätte Freude daran wenn ein Mensch wegen seiner Vergehungen sterben muß, sagt Gott der Herr. Nein ich freue mich wenn er von seinen falschen Wegen umkehrt und am Leben bleibt Hesekiel 18,23

Personally for me, a question of the wrong approach. The Lord's will is life and healing. The works of Satan are death, destruction and devastation. The Scripture teaches us: Do you think I would enjoy it when a man must die for his sins, says the Lord God. No, I'm happy if he repents of his wrong ways and stays alive... Ezekiel 18,23

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.