What’s your view on God, Jesus, The Bible, and Heaven?

• What’s your view on God, Jesus, The Bible, and Heaven?

In my opinion God is the one that created the whole world and everything in it in 7 days, Jesus came to the world to die on a cross for our sins so we could get to heaven, The Bible is Gods word living and relevant, and Heaven is where we go after we die (if we're a Christian). I view a Christian as someone that believes that Jesus was the son of God, that he came to die on the cross for our sins, and that he rose from the dead on the third day, and he will come back some day.

"He who fling mud, generally loose ground."
  • My View...

My view is exactly the same. :) I believe Jesus Christ is the only way to get to Heaven. Not by work of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us. ^^ I believe that's right. If not i'll have to look it up. :) Anyway.. Yeah. I believe God sent his Son to this earth to die on a cross for our sins so that we would have a way to get to Heaven. I believe all we have to do is Accept Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour and only way to get to Heaven and repent of our sins. And we're saved. :) I believe as a Christian i'm to tell others about Jesus and what he did on the cross for them and I. :) There's a lot more to it... and it gets deep but that's the basic things. :) Awesome topic. I enjoyed reading it. =) Jf13*-*

{♥r+r♥} x.Kiinkii Piinkii Fuzzii Kiins loves her Riickii Kookii Kiins.x {dhmn}
  • Hey, thanks... Im just trying to find out what different people think... "What would people think if they hear that I'm a Jesus freak? What would people do if they find that its true?"

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2006, 02:55
    Our Lord is the Reason for our Lives,Every little thing belongs to him ,He Is The Creator,and wants to be our Friend.I've made my choice,i guess you too,but don't worry we'll be Justified by our Faith ;D

Dogwood would be a good choice if you like Christian Hardcore music =)

• never heard of them... and yes I have made my choise, I chose to be as different for God as I can be that way people will wonder, not just pass me by.

• Re:

Quoth joshuadirks:
    Hey, thanks... Im just trying to find out what different people think... "What would people think if they hear that I'm a Jesus freak? What would people do if they find that its true?"

As for the first question, there's this girl in my journalism class who likes to shove the Word down everyone's throat. I don't appreciate it, and I'm a pretty devout Christian! So don't force your beliefs on people, especially at school. You'd probably be wasting your breath, anyways, because they won't care. And some people might hate you for it, but that's probably the least to worry about ("Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11).
    Then again, I'd probably make a terrible Jehova's Witness because I believe that you have to make the mental decision to let God into your life, and therefore don't believe in evangelizing anyone and everyone. I'm sure that's a bad thing, because we're supposed to be spreading the Gospel.

I dig music.
  • personaly I really don't care what other people think of me... The only thing that I worry about is giving God a bad name... but if people think im a freak, I don't care... theres more to life then what people think of me, so I'll live my life the way my God wants, and not care

• Re: What’s your view on God, Jesus, The Bible, and Heaven?

Quoth joshuadirks:The Bible is Gods word living and relevant, and Heaven is where we go after we die (if we're a Christian).
    You don't have to be of a certain religion to go to heaven. So long you've accepted jesus into your heart And you live by his word.

And I'm proud of being a Jesus freak and don't care what people think of me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2006, 03:26
    mattknow said:
    You don't have to be of a certain religion to go to heaven. So long you've accepted jesus into your heart And you live by his word.

And I'm proud of being a Jesus freak and don't care what people think of me.

Amen brother!!

• God is a faggot and I hope he would be anally raped by a few Black guys, if he were real and not a trite metaphor.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2006, 14:58
    KapitalizmSux, why do you hate Christians?

• bassman89 said:
    KapitalizmSux, why do you hate Christians?

dude he hates everybody... plus hes just trying to get attention *like some sort of unbehaved 2 year-old* trust me, its easier to just ingnore these people, and have them blocked/banned

• Re: What’s your view on God, Jesus, The Bible, and Heaven?

joshuadirks said:
    In my opinion God is the one that created the whole world and everything in it in 7 days, Jesus came to the world to die on a cross for our sins so we could get to heaven, The Bible is Gods word living and relevant, and Heaven is where we go after we die (if we're a Christian). I view a Christian as someone that believes that Jesus was the son of God, that he came to die on the cross for our sins, and that he rose from the dead on the third day, and he will come back some day.

First of all, I believe in the Trinity. I do not believe that only the Father is God, or that only the Father created the world. I believe that Jesus is just as much God as the Father is, though Jesus is not the Father. I believe that there is only one God, but that He is triune. The Father, Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit are all God, and are eternal.

I also believe that Jesus came to the earth to die for our sins.

I also agree that the Bible is the word of God, and that heaven is a reality. I believe that heaven is where all those will go who trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior (and I mean really place their trust in Him and not just say they do).

I would define a Christian as someone who has placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, have surrendered to Him....have turned from self to God, and believe that He died on the cross for their sins. It is Jesus' blood that saves a person from their sins. It is not by being a good person or by belonging to a church. I also think that not only is someone who believes in the gospel message (Jesus' life, death, bodily resurrection, His eventual return, the forgiveness of sins, etc) but that belief in the Trinity is another essential belief to be truly considered a Christian.

• Re: Re:

tastyxcakes said:
    Quoth joshuadirks:
    Hey, thanks... Im just trying to find out what different people think... "What would people think if they hear that I'm a Jesus freak? What would people do if they find that its true?"

As for the first question, there's this girl in my journalism class who likes to shove the Word down everyone's throat. I don't appreciate it, and I'm a pretty devout Christian! So don't force your beliefs on people, especially at school. You'd probably be wasting your breath, anyways, because they won't care. And some people might hate you for it, but that's probably the least to worry about ("Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11).
    Then again, I'd probably make a terrible Jehova's Witness because I believe that you have to make the mental decision to let God into your life, and therefore don't believe in evangelizing anyone and everyone. I'm sure that's a bad thing, because we're supposed to be spreading the Gospel.

Oh, I should probably add that characteristically Christians live for Christ, and generally aim to glorify God in all that they do. (Though these things do not save us. Faith in Christ is what saves.....).

As a Christian grows deeper and deeper into their relationship with God, they tend to reflect Him. People should be able to see Jesus in the things that we do, and they should be impacted for the better by knowing us. They should see love in our actions. Those that know us should be able to tell that we belong to Christ by our actions, words, and deeds. There should be evidence of a transformation taking place.

They shouldn't get the impression that we are fakey, or that our faith is superficial.

And, as a Christian, I can't help but sharing my love for God with other people. I do share the gospel with others, as I do believe that as we grow in our faith, we will naturally want to do this.

However, "sharing our faith" does not mean that we shove it on people. When we witness, we have to do so out of a motive of love. We need to be sure that we are glorifying God and not ourselves. We have to let the person make the decision to accept Christ. I've heard that witnessing is this:
    going out in the power of the Holy Spirit, relying on Him, obeying Him (sharing what He leads us to share), and then leaving the results up to God.

It is not our job to make someone a Christian. A person can only place their faith in Christ if the Holy Spirit reveals the truth to them. He's the one who convicts people of their sins and leads them into the truth.

This means that although I definitely share my faith with others, I do not feel responsible for making someone a Christian. That decision is up to them. God is a perfect gentleman. He never forces Himself on anyone. Neither should we as Christians force ourselves on non-Christians. To do so actually pushes people away from Christ.

I'm open about what I believe with other people. My words are not going to convince anyone. I can pray for them, and I can pray that the Holy Spirit will soften their hearts or prepare them, but I also need to rely on Him.

There is definitely a wrong way to go about witnessing....like getting up in people's faces and saying loudly, "accept Christ now, or you're going to hell."

I've heard that it takes an average of about 20 times of hearing the gospel before someone actually makes the decision to place their faith in Christ. We can plant seeds, and then who knows, the person may come to faith at a later time.

I think that if we share the gospel message in honesty and truth, with love.....and share our testimonies of what God has done in our lives, all while relying on the Holy Spirit, that is enough. God is more than capable of handling the rest. He can reveal things to a person's heart, put them in another situation in which the gospel is presented again, give them more understanding, etc.

If I'm talking to someone, and they make it very clear to me that they do not want to hear any more about Jesus, the gospel, or salvation, I won't bug them about it. If I encounter them in everyday life, they will be able to see who I'm living for, who I live for, and so forth, and make myself available for them if they ever want to talk further, that's good.

• ngel05 said...
    • User
    • 28 Jun 2008, 11:17
    I don't believe that God created the world in 7 days. I don't believe in intelligent desing or creationism. I believe in evolution. I still belive in a God and that Jesus Christ is our Messiah.

I don't believe in literal translation of the bible but I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. ie 'Love your neighbours etc.' I believe that Bible is written by people and therefore it must not be taken literally.

I believe God is with us everyday and help with our problems.

I believe that all religion is representation of one god. (Theres no difference between, Yahweh, Allah and our God) And therefore even if you're not a Christian, you can go to heaven if you a good person.

• joshuadirks said:

Amen.

• i am the way the truth the life

jmoney
  • In this hour there are many opposing theories by many sincere, honest seekers regarding the identity of God. Some say that God is somehow three separate persons in a trinity but we need to consider the first of all the commandments.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

I know that there are many verses that many good people think teach separate persons in a "god squad" as it were, but we need to regard scripture in light of scripture. We need to respect Jesus in his statement regarding the first of all the commandments.

The identity of the God or gods being worshiped is not some side issue but is of foundational importance to your soul.

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
    Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
    Deuteronomy 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

One key to understanding the identity of God is to understand the simple concepts of flesh and spirit.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Though we humans (created in God's image) have body, soul and spirit we are not each "three separate persons". Though God manifested Himself as "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" he is not "three separate persons". When society finds someone who is three separate persons do they not lock them up or medicate them (for their protection and protection of society). God is NOT three separate persons!

Allow me to submit to you some foundational truths that I will document from scripture and then use to make my point.

1) God is a Spirit.

John 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

2) God is holy.

I Samuel 2:2 [There is] none holy as the LORD: for [there is] none beside thee: neither [is there] any rock like our God.

3) God is a "Holy Spirit".

4) Jesus is the "Spirit of truth"

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

5) Jesus was "dwelling with them" and promised to be "in them".

John 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

6) The "comforter" is the "Spirit of Christ"

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

7) The "Spirit of Christ" is the "Holy Spirit" is the "Spirit of Truth"

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the
    Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

8) The Spirit of God visited His creation robed in flesh as the "Son".

I Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

9) The fullness of God is in Jesus Christ

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

10) Jesus IS the "everlasting Father".

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

11) Those who believe that Jesus is a "separate person" from the "Father" don't really know Jesus at all.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

We know that Peter was given the keys to the kingdom.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Peter used those keys from Jesus to unlock the kingdom of heaven. I really believe that those who think they can reject Peter without rejecting Jesus are not being honest with themselves or others.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
    40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
    41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Three thousand people baptised in Jesus Name hundreds of years before the trinity baptism was even invented by polytheists.

Is not the safe path the Bible path?

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Psalms 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

I hope this helps...

Real Acts 2:38 Christians and Ministers on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=150271834049

Here are some original Christian music videos

Bound And Determined To Burn - Live At Billy's?? by WinterBand
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PnH38v4To

No Trinity On Me - by WinterBand A Christian music video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLrQokwf_M

Blame - by WinterBand A Christian music video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuU-BktFtZ0

Pray Those Devils Down - Live At Westminster Abbey??? by WinterBand
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUwjxAAYCO0

Jesus Only - by WinterBand A Christian music video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flE-O9eG-L0

Hippie On Grandmas Wall - Live At the Vatican?? by WinterBand
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTxOxcdKco

Bro Steve Winter
    For Bible doctrine http://www.TheTruthOfTheBible.com
    For Christian music http://www.winterband.com

• Jesus is God and He is the only way to Heaven.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Submit to Him as Lord of your life, confess your sins, repent (turn away from a sinful lifestyle), and live for His glory, and you will be saved.

God bless and keep the faith!

Chris

• Arwen4CJ, Nothing needs adding to that, thanks!

winterband, I think you're presentation of your answer as being the perfect solution is a little wrong, there are a huge number of bible believing Christians who actualyl have concluded then concept of the trinity is the only way we can begin to understand God. By thinking that they believe in completely separate entities you are actually missing the point of this argument.

Let me point you to Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." What do the plural noun and plural verbs mean?

Also in verses like Psalm 110:1 "The LORD says to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make you enemies a footstool for your feet." Jesus rightly understands that he is referring to to two separate people as "Lord", but who is David's Lord if not God himself? And who could be saying to God, 'Sit at my right hand' except for someone else who is also fully God?

Isiah 63:10 says that God's people "rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit" apparently suggesting that both the Holy Spirit is distinct from God himself, and that his Holy Spirit can be grieved, thus suggesting emotional capabilities characteristic of a distinct person.

Once you reach a New Testament theology the revelation of the trinity becomes more complete. When Jesus was baptised all the members of the trinity were at once performing three distinct activites; "the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dive, and alighting on him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, 'This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.' "

At the end of his teaching Jesus tells his disciples that they should go "and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." The very names Father and Son, drawn as they are from family, indicate very strongly the distinct personhood of both the Father and the Son. When the Holy Spirit is put in the same expression and on the same level as the other two persons it is hard to avoid the conclusion that the Holy Spirit is also viewed as a person and of equal standing with the Father and Son.

Essentially, while the doctrine on the Trinity is a mystery we will never be able to understand fully, we can understand something of it's truth by summarising the teaching of scripture in three statements:

1. God is three persons
    2. Each person is fully God,
    3. There is one God.

What you present is known as Modalsim - a teaching which insists that God is not really three distinct persons, but one person who appears to people in different 'modes'. This teaching, as you have pointed out, gains it's attractiveness from the desire to emphasise clearly the fact there is only one God. The fatal shortcoming of such thinking is that it must deny the personal relationships within the Trinity that appear in so many places in Scripture (or it must affirm that they were simply an illusion and not real). Thus, it must deny three separate persons at the baptism of Jesus. And it must say that all those instances when Jesus was praying to Father are and illusion or a charade. Finally, modalism losses the heart of the doctrine of atonement, - that is that God sent his Son as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that the Son bore the wrath of God in our place, and that the Father, representing the interests of the Trinity, saw the suffering of Christ and was satisfied. (Isa. 53:11).
    Moreover, modalism denies the independence of God, for if God is only one person then he has no ability to love and to communicate without other persons in his creation. Therefore it was necessary for God to create the world, and God would no longer be independent of creation.

I would point you to interesting books like Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology if you are interested in learning more of this, and many other doctrinal, issues.

Peter Ellix

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.