• my poison at the moment is valium. detoxing. and after the detox i probably will never drink again. been there done too much of that, but i'll still chill in front of the fireplace with a glass of water and a slice of lemon.

My music: The Peach Tree
    My label: Tribal Dancing Kid
    My reviewing blog: Gus Reviews
    My demeanour: \m/o_0\m/
  • lime and soda with a slice of lemon (or lime) is a favorite non alcoholic juice! :D

• Babs_05 said...
    • 9 Jan 2009, 13:50
    I just like water. Am I weird?

• no, just very pure :)

• Soundhog said...
    • Subscriber
    • 9 Jan 2009, 22:29
    Pixieguts said:
    is absinthe really that amazing?

Pixie, no it's not. It's green woodworm killer and tastes just as bad, no matter how fancy the garnish. The weird thing about it is the way it kicks in if you have too much. It lets you look into the abyss and then nudges you gently over the edge. Once that descent has started there's no escape. YOu can see the hangover approaching like a 18-ton truck.

• eek! ;D

• i'm still not sure what the laws about wormwood are in Australia. I know I've had the real hallucinagenic stuff at a bar once but I always thought it was illegal.

My music: The Peach Tree
    My label: Tribal Dancing Kid
    My reviewing blog: Gus Reviews
    My demeanour: \m/o_0\m/
    • Babs_05 said...
    • 10 Jan 2009, 15:46
    I think it was. It was banned for a while, then they lifted it for some reason. I've never seen it in real life. It sounds far too scary for the likes of me!

• Soundhog said...
    • Subscriber
    • 10 Jan 2009, 17:08
    It is scary. I had 4 doubles a few years ago and still bear the scars. I was everyone's friend for about 20 mins, then went from King to Cabbage in the next 30. That was about 10pm on a Saturday night. I was still hungover on the Monday morning : s
    Like I said earlier, you can see & feel the brain devolution back to amoeba, but you're powerless to prevent it.

• Soundhog said...
    • Subscriber
    • 10 Jan 2009, 20:12
    Ah, I have just discovered one pleasing side effect of Xmas:

4 large bottles of Jack Daniels : D ...and I had forgotten I had them } /

If anyone needs me I shall be lying down in that darkened room... o_O

• Babs_05 said...
    • 14 Jan 2009, 18:43
    I'll relieve you of anything that's left.

• Soundhog said...
    • Subscriber
    • 31 Jan 2009, 20:23

...mine!

...although I might be persuaded to share ; )

Umm, just received a late Xmas pressy. Another bottle of Jack Daniels.

And i've found a presentation smaller bottle in another cupboard.
    And a full bottle of Dimple.
    And some Lauder's
    And some Locke's Irish.
    I know! I shall open my own bar:

The Duck's Dilemma : )

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 24 Jan 2013, 23:01
    Sheesh, leave our drinks at The Kings Arms lying around for 4 years why don't we! Hopefully the thick layer of dust slows the transition to vinegar.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.