humeka, "soft" techno, minimal techno / house

• humeka said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2008, 10:43

humeka, "soft" techno, minimal techno / house

The music I create is a meeting between me and my computer.

What I mean is I never really know which kind of track I want to make.
    The process is building a track with a combination of musical phrases I discover with the collaboration of my computer: activate a function, an effect, another type of sequencing and find out what's behind; create a pattern and add time / pitch / filter destructuring elements like a granulizer; and so on...

Once I have a motif I like, I adjust it to the whole composition so it fits all together.

It's a kind of smooth and controlled randomization.

I have loads of surprises, loads of fun composing like this because I can reach sounds or patterns I would have never found using a determined process. I am always surprised to listen to my music and think "wow, I made this?".

Here are my releases available on Last.fm (click on the picture to go the release page on Last.fm):

Dust Modern Ep released by rodoid

Relieve released by DEVi4NT-D4NCeFLO0R

Chip Wanderings released by [LesIzmo:r]

Discuss released by myself on Archive.org

I hope you will like those releases!
    Thanks.

• Babs_05 said...
    • 15 Aug 2008, 22:24
    Last.fm page - Humeka. :)

• Humeka is highly recommended by me, been listening and vibing with this sound since luckily finding it over a year ago. totally outstanding minimal techno/house grooves...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.