Four new songs recorded

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2006, 11:26

Four new songs recorded

Well this group isn't very active but in case you've missed the news:
    Swedish doomsters CANDLEMASS have recorded four new songs with producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD). The recordings took place last weekend at the new Polar studios in Stockholm, Sweden and the band say that they are very happy with the result. “The songs are pretty much in the same vein as the stuff on the [self-titled 2005] reunion album, maybe a bit darker," says bassist/songwriter Leif Edling.

CANDLEMASS's next studio session will take place in May. The band's new album is tentatively scheduled for release in October 2006 via Nuclear Blast Records.

CANDLEMASS last month won a Swedish "Grammy" award in the "Best Hard Rock" category, beating out the likes of HAMMERFALL, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, MESHUGGAH and OPETH. The Swedish doom legends were honored for the "Candlemass" opus, which is available on Nuclear Blast Records. Five back-catalog items from the band — "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus", "Ancient Dreams", "Doomed for Live", "Nightfall", and "Essential Doom" — were issued in the U.S. via Candlelight in February.

Im not hoping for another Nightfall or Epicus Doomicus Metallicus but I'll settle for something solid in the vein of the self-titled.
    Im wondering what "a bit darker" actually means though...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2006, 03:33

Edited by a deleted user on 7 Sep 2008, 22:42
  • "maybe a bit darker" - Well, he might say that because he don't want it to sound boring, or like a "selftitled album volume two".

There was nothing wrong with the 2005 album, I love it, but I think the songs sounded pretty much the same. The variety was much bigger in the early days, allthough some of the "new" songs is way better than a couple of the old ones. Black Dwarf, Witches, Assasin of the Light! - Just add a little bit more doooooom into it :-)

• CANDLEMASS A MELHOR BANDA DE DOOM METAL!
    ABRAÇO DO EDESMAGA!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.