let's USE THIS FORUM, kids!

• let's USE THIS FORUM, kids!

CMON!

Start with a controversial one...which is THE BEST camera obscura song? I say "Books Written For Girls" but that may be because I'm listening to it right now.

Also, I say "The Sun On His Back".

What do you say?

Do you say anything at all? Possibly not..

• aw CMON!

even fish have fingers!!

• well, "i'm always changing my mind, always changing my lines", just like tracy :)

i'm listening very much to houseboat and don't do crowds actually.

but i guess happy new year is the most beautiful song of them :}

elvis, have you got a song called I can't stay mad at you? it's from the Lloyd's single vinyl... really rare.

• well, to be YOUR friend is fine..

No I haven't got that song. I'd love to hear it.

And my pick is Sun On His Back, if I had to pick just one.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2006, 15:01

=]

it's really hard to decide.. i think i'll choose "Knee Deep at The NPL" =]

(sorry about my english..) =]

• I like "I need all the friends I can get." However, since I only discovered Camera Obscura a couple months ago it will take me a while to fully listen to all the songs a choose a favorite.

Resident Feminist At:

Ask me about: The Magnetic Fields and/or Camera Obscura
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Nov 2006, 20:05
    wow, this IS a mighty controversial topic...!
    i'd probably say Eighties Fan or Suspended from Class. maybe.

• its really hard to pick =P
    i d say:

1. Pen and Notebook
    2. I love my Jean
    3. Let's go bowling

i can listen to them all day C:

• Come Back Margaret

• samhunt said...
    • User
    • 22 Mar 2007, 23:12
    Tough call !!

New LP : Dory Previn

Previous : I Don't Do Crowds

Haven't yet heard all songs, though.

Saw them in Auckland two weeks ago - enjoyed it thoroughly, even though the band was clearly tired at the end of a very long tour, and TracyAnn had a sore throat. They were buoyed by a very noisy and enthusiastic crowd though, and seemed to enjoy themselves in spite of everything.

I know what I said - I just changed my mind.

• It has to be Keep It Clean for me

• skuse said...
    • User
    • 16 Apr 2007, 21:47
    I'm going through a Books Written for Girls phase at the moment, but it might possibly be Eighties Fan in general. (I've not heard Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi or the singles apart from Eighties Fan, however.)

• Let's Go Bowling, Dory Previn & Before You Cry :D for me definitely!

• iysil said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2007, 03:42
    Keep It Clean
    Dory Previn
    Razzle Dazzle Rose
    Happy New Year

gotta love that key change in keep it clean :-)

what a beautiful day for a crushing defeat, what a stupid waste of sunshine.
    • Neil_J said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2007, 14:23

Margaret

Changes every time I hear the newest album. This morning it was 'Come Back Margaret', and I've had the sensation that this could possibly be my favourite song probably more times with that than any other track on the album, which have all made similar claims on me at various points. I'm gonna have to move to the older stuff at some point! Any recomendations?

Neil_J
  • Currently I can't stop listening to Eighties fan. Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken is also very awesome.

• I Don't Do Crowds
    they didn't play it when they where in dublin but they'll be back.

• I think 'suspended from class' is quite cheeky which I like, it was also one of the first songs I heard by them

'I should be suspended from class, I don't know my elbow from my arse'

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, It takes strength to be gentle and kind"- The Smiths
  • LLOYD!!

Live today, die tomorrow
  • The Sun On His Back
    Pen & Notebook
    Suspended From Class
    Keep it Clean
    Let's Get Out Of this Country

• Razzle Dazzle Rose
    Lunar Sea
    Pen & Notebook

• If Looks Could Kill or Eighties Fan. Too difficult to Decide. :)

• vidanes said...
    • Subscriber
    • 19 Apr 2009, 22:15
    Teenager or Lloyd...

Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it (Woody Allen).
  • underachiever trying harder

i started this today
    graeme Yesterday at 9:53

right i dont know wether this will take off but i`ll give it a go,i`ve just bin to see camera obscura play and i am beginning to bore some to tears on the site where i live www.shacknet.co.uk ,so i decide to start this for meself,some off said board,orynthia,tom and sean...since camera obsura`s last forum got invaded and shut down because it was hacked,i think gav got fed up,it might have been a job for blair young to do a new one.....maybe not,anyways so here it is,i dont expect many to indulge although feel free to join in,there are a lot more of fans of the band now,i know i`ve seen them...let me say this though,the last forum was very slow,only a few usin/joinin in...thats okay...the site i mentioned before shacknet has been goin more than 10 years.its not full of nutters,everyone on there has a valid point,superb taste in music and a sense of humour...they are a pleasure to know...anyways,i`ll link this to some things and see how it gets on....ta(this has nowt to do with the band)

hiya,right you seem to have your own forum which is great,it seems though that it doesn`t move that much,so i just wanted to say that i`m tryin to get everyone in the same place,since the old forum got hit by a virus,that also didn`t move to well though,dont think gav wanted to do it really,and since there`s nothing now for people to share stuff in a good way i thought i`d try this,feel free not to try it,its your choice,sorry to invade your space.....but if ya wanna come see...give it time,its quite new................ta

http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com/forum.htm

• i adore

Dory Previn
    Razzle Dazzle Rose
    Happy New Year :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.