Are circle pits necessary for an awesome gig?

• Are circle pits necessary for an awesome gig?

Personally, I hate it when people start acting like prats and get circle pits going. Not only because I am small and could easily get crushed, but because when people start acting like that at gigs, it draws all the attention away from the music. I makes me really angry, I go to gigs to listen to awesome music, not to get pushed about for no good reason.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2008, 11:51
    No. Circle pits and 'moshing' in general are unnecessary and a complete pain in the arse. People indulging in this sort of thing tend to have a great time but IMO show a complete disregard and lack of respect for the enjoyment of other fans at the show. I'll headbang and go crazy at shows but never to the detriment of other people around me.
    The music comes first. Always. \m/

• Yes I totally agree

• Yeah, they suck. It's a punk thing anyhow. Metal just took it on when it absorbed some other punk influence.

When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind get pretty busy
  • Yeh i totaly agree, nothing ruins a great gig like a bunch of metalcore fools nocking into you, dancing round like faries, and taking up what little space there is available with their stupid pits. Rock out, headbang, air guitar and jump around like mad, but a ring of people skipping round and pushing into eachother . . . save it for the playground. After all, youre there to absorb and enjoy the music, just as Grimslath said |m/ xD

''If you're playing Rock 'n' Roll, play it without lies.
    Always be as brave and proud like an eagle in the sky.
    If you want to be remembered, there is one thing you should do
    When you play your music gotta KEEP IT TRUE''
    • popeth said...
    • User
    • 27 Jun 2009, 23:12
    personally i often find them distracting and will just stand away from them and watch the band. however, they are good fun, and i like the fact that they are there.

pits are just a part of heavy music of all types. when people get taken away by the music sometimes they just gotta express themselves and go crazy with it. if you don't like it move away from them. but you gotta live with them, it's just part of the scene.

that which can be claimed without proof, can be dismissed without proof
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Jun 2009, 17:42

• DaveBFC said...
    • User
    • 24 Oct 2009, 20:33
    Never been in 1 but they do like rather fucking annoying

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.