• Word!

From the "April 12" thread..

ednaha said:
    For all those who've been repeating the mantra "you've gotten the free plays back, though..." Get real. No. We haven't. As an American user who really discovered a lot of old music - jazz, blues, dixieland, delta - all recorded before, let's say, yesterday morning, the new changes have totally dried up my music. If I wanted to listen to two cuts of Ray Noble or Billy Cotton & His Band or Blind Willie Johnson, I could do so. Now, I can't.

In terms of the "tag" radio, a lot of the old music stations are great. But, there are always folks who stick in bogus acts to the different tags that have nothing to do with the tags themselves. If I want "1920s," I expect to hear music from the 20s - not some band from contemporary Bizarro World who happen to play music written in the 20s (badly).

I've been a paid subscriber for a couple of years, now, although my location didn't require it to get full LFM service. I gladly subscribed because of the great variety of sounds going back to when "records" were "cylinders." Now, most of that is gone in terms of full play.

So, let's try cutting down on the glib "quit your whining, enjoy the free plays offered and all the colorful graphs" crap, okay?

Beautifully stated, especially the last paragraph.

• Thanks for putting this in here, Clockless. Haven't kept track of the April 12 thread in a while... I couldn't agree more. That is exactly what I experienced.

• nachtpolter said:
    Thanks for putting this in here, Clockless. Haven't kept track of the April 12 thread in a while... I couldn't agree more. That is exactly what I experienced.

I check in on it every now and then. It's mostly a lot of repetitve posting, so you're not missing anything. The above post really stood out, though.

• [spam]

[spam]

vanISHing>>>poINt....*
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 11 Dec 2010, 11:09
  • [spam]

[spam]

vanISHing>>>poINt....*
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 11 Dec 2010, 11:09
  • [spam]

[spam]

there are few straws ~
    Edited by Babs_05 on 19 Jan 2011, 16:21
  • [spam]

[spam]

if ? you had been civil - to begin with ...
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 7 Feb 2011, 08:29
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.