• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2009, 00:03

Fixed Streams

It is hard to believe, but there appear to be fixed streams already. I will just move the original entries from my journals here, so we can check them later in case the problem recurs.

The Dubliners (Original Dubliners - disc 2)

• fmera said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2009, 13:41
    it would be true only if you knew there's just one stream assigned to the track. if there were more than one being rotated, then...

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2009, 20:28
    That is one reason for keeping track of them. Because I already suspected this, I checked the track several times.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Sep 2009, 23:35
    sharevari was so nice to fix the following two tracks by changing the priority of the offending streams.

The Thermals

The Weather Girls

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Sep 2009, 00:25
    According to our new member mr_maxis, the following track has been fixed.

After Forever

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2009, 02:41
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Dec 2009, 16:24
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Feb 2010, 23:09
    Streams Which Abruptly End Midway

Edited by a deleted user on 21 Feb 2010, 11:28
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Feb 2010, 23:14
    Edited by a deleted user on 21 Feb 2010, 11:29
    • fmera said...
    • User
    • 21 Feb 2010, 10:59
    mvordeme said:
    Streams Which Abruptly End Midway

mvordeme said:
    Christina Aguilera (Dance Vault Mixes - Hurt & Ain't No Other Man: The Radio Remixes)
    1. Hurt >> a dance mix
    2. Ain't No Other Man >> a dance mix
    not for me >:(

in any case, it doesn't matter which album they're 'from', does it? unless you mean they shouldn't be the streams for those tracks.

there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Feb 2010, 11:21
    Mh, okay. I'll put them back then. The album is the one I think the offending streams have been uploaded for.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Mar 2010, 10:49
    This is fixed now because the redirection was removed:

Streams Which Cannot Be Played (Oops! No content)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2010, 23:06
    These were also fixed because the redirections were removed:

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2010, 16:11
    mvordeme said:
    According to our new member mr_maxis, the following track has been fixed.

After Forever
    These seem to be fixed, too. One of them may have been eliminated in the process:

After Forever (After Forever)
    1. Evoke
    2. Transitory

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Apr 2010, 12:43
    Yee-haw! It seems that with the recent site update, this annoying "feature" has been removed. The preview buttons play the audio attached to the tracks, regardless of redirection.

• fmera said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2010, 09:18
    Michael Jackson's Off the Wall is fixed!!!

an educated guess would be that the 'fix' occurred on apr 12.

i'll also add an interesting aside i discovered regarding inline track previews: if i see a preview for a track that i actually shouldn't (for instance, Ain't No Other Man) i can still preview the track if it has been referred to and tagged elsewhere previously in a post, and the track is available to that user or at that time, like in this post above.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2010, 11:28
    So you mean it is quite a service to other listeners if you provide a list of recommendations on your profile page? :-)

• fmera said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2010, 12:02
    mvordeme said:
    So you mean it is quite a service to other listeners if you provide a list of recommendations on your profile page? :-)
    the only place i know where this works is in forum posts, which seem to fix the 'previewable state' of a track from the poster's standpoint. so if you post a track that's previewable to you, the preview button will appear - and will work, even if elsewhere on the site (eg, on the track page itself) i can't actually preview that track the preview button is hidden from me.

so yes, in that limited sense, one user can enable another to preview tracks using forum posts. i don't think the same will work on your profile page, shouts, pms, or journals, as they present a track's preview state dynamically, from the viewer's standpoint.

case in point: this particular post regarding those christina aguilera tracks. i can still preview all of those tracks that show the preview buttons there, when i really shouldn't be able to anymore.

• fmera said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2010, 08:17
    fmera said:
    Michael Jackson's Off the Wall is fixed!!!
    oh shoots - cancel that! the damn rogue stream is back, still playing on the last.fm client!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2010, 21:54
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.