Young Bossa Nova Artists

• nage said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2007, 18:19

Young Bossa Nova Artists

I thought maybe we enliven this group a bit. It is so sad there is no discussion here and Bossa Nova is communicative music. It is!

Ok I put Smoke City here. I am not sure how much Bossa Nova they are but they have several songs in Portuguese, so they are some kind of it for sure :) And there music is quite touching and saddening, well, but not really suitable for dancing, though. Sounds quite like Morcheeba when I think about it.
    And when I dont - quite like no other band :).
    My favs - Giulietta and Flying Away.
    I think the band does not exist any more and therefore not performing. What a pity.
    So there you go now!

Who young bossa nova artist have made an unbearable impression on you during that last week?

• nage said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2007, 18:44
    um..
    what a boring group

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 May 2007, 16:09
    true dat!

• Better late to a discussion than never, eh?

Anyway, I just discovered Coralie Clément and she rocked my socks.

• Coralie Clement seem to me SHIT!
    the old ones is best
    somehow the electronic bossa is good.

hi youself
  • i liked smoke city.

not really sure whether they're a bossa nova group or not, but that's not important at all.

it just sounds nice.

=D

Diego
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2008, 22:33
    What about Nouvelle Vague??

• pafmms said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2008, 16:51

Paulo Muniz from Brazil

There is this young bossa nova brazilian artist called Paulo Muniz. He sings only original songs of his both in english and portuguese. [youtube]www.youtube.com/paulomunizbossanova[/youtube]

• me..

:))))
    Mirko Fait

and this is my vision of bossa:
    Sad Eyes' Child

do you like it?

Mirko Fait
  • Infinita Bossa

My band has a new release of mainly bossa nova (and a little samba-jazz and MPB). The CD is "Infinita Bossa" by O Som Do Jazz. The project is a bit retro... like the Tamba Trio. Our singer is Andrea, a carioca (from Rio de Janeiro).

Let me know what you think. The url is www.osomdojazz.com

david
  • what about sitti navarro from philipines ? hollywood nobody from indonesia ?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.