Blue Note Sleeves

• minty95 said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2005, 21:20

Blue Note Sleeves

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think that blue note sleeves are the finest examples of their kind. For a visual treat, have a look at this page

• doggie^ said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2005, 02:39
    Awesome.

• isarl said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2005, 23:34
    Sweet.
    You know, I have the Eminent Jay Jay Johnson vol. 1 with that cover, but my vol. 2 cover is different. Must be a reissue.

• Very Nice!

• Re:

Quoth isarl:
    You know, I have the Eminent Jay Jay Johnson vol. 1 with that cover, but my vol. 2 cover is different. Must be a reissue.

You have the 10 inch lp? That is awesome. The japanese pay through the nose for those. I have a Sidney Bechet 10" but those aren't as sought out as the 1500 series. I think the Rudy Van Gelder cd reissues use the 12" covers, so maybe that is the difference?

• isarl said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2005, 14:55

Re:

Quoth unbeknowneth:
    Quoth isarl:

You have the 10 inch lp? That is awesome. The japanese pay through the nose for those. I have a Sidney Bechet 10" but those aren't as sought out as the 1500 series. I think the Rudy Van Gelder cd reissues use the 12" covers, so maybe that is the difference?

Sounds about right - but mine are both CDs ^^;
    Let's see here.. my vol. 1 is Blue Note 1505, though it says on the back it was remastered in '01 by Van Gelder, whereas my vol. 2 is Blue Note 5057 (not 1506) - again, remastered by Van Gelder in '01. However, it does have the original 1506 cover on the inside back cover (behind the CD).
    I use both the 1500 series covers in foobar2000's album art panel, anyway. ;)

• thanks for that link, i needed some design inspiration.. they use some amazing photography as well ;)

i like the smell of dirt.
  • [deleted]

Edited by blaqkaudio on 24 Jun 2006, 18:35
    • Gyalist said...
    • User
    • 24 Jun 2006, 10:42
    My Blue Note collection is all on CD but earlier this year I spotted copies of "The Cover Art of Blue Note Records" Vols. 1 & 2 on sale at half-price in my local HMV. Just beautiful.

"I'm cooler than Clyde Stubblefield, drummer for James" - Stay Cool, The Roots
    • Emgo said...
    • User
    • 6 Aug 2006, 12:27
    Hi everyone !
    I wonder if it is possible to find reproduction of Blue Note Sleeves, to use it as posters, or for decoration...

• Gyalist said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2006, 22:09
    This link may be of some help.

"I'm cooler than Clyde Stubblefield, drummer for James" - Stay Cool, The Roots
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Aug 2006, 21:11
    Emgo said:
    Hi everyone ! I wonder if it is possible to find reproduction of Blue Note Sleeves, to use it as posters, or for decoration...

Try also this link: http://www.free-covers.com/

• Emgo said...
    • User
    • 14 Aug 2006, 18:47
    thank you guys, the link by Gyalist matches exactly with what i am looking for

• I also enjoy the Blue Note sleeves.

• Moritat said...
    • User
    • 9 Feb 2007, 00:48
    The sleeves are great, and the music isn't too bad either! =)

• Check this video tribute to Reid Miles:
    www.artisticdirection.co.uk/2012/02/hi-fi.html

• Blue Note Sleeves

thanks to minty95 for the great link to blue note sleeves...they amazingly not only capture the spirit of the artist...but are awesome works of art unto themselves...loved it enough to bookmark...peace, Jazzy

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.