Blip.fm desktop client - with last.fm integration.

• Blip.fm desktop client - with last.fm integration.

I've been working on a Blip.fm desktop client, so I don't have to keep the website site opened while I'm working, and I can still listen/post blips.

Recently I've added some last.fm integration - you can search for similar artists/songs to blip. It can also scrobble the blips you're listening, although this part is still quite buggy.

Anyways, I'm looking for some feedback on usability, features, bugs...

Here's the link:
    http://leo.lobato.org/Blipster/

Let me know what you think. :)

• Thanks for this little app. It does exactly, what it's supposed to. Quite handy to see the bitrate before blipping.

• brot15 said...
    • User
    • 10 Apr 2009, 16:19
    great app!! love it, but there are some 'bugs' that could make my life a lot easier :)

• blips which are not available anymore are leading to a stop in the 'playflow'
    • playlist never loads (i did it once, but this was more luck then anything else?!)
    • blipping without preview? (so far as i can see, this isn't possible)

and at the end some feature requests :)
    • integration of your last.fm playlist import into this application would be nice
    • advanced bliplist (like the last.fm playlist import)

pls keep up the good work! and thx for your efforts!

• Thanks for the feedback, I'm looking into those bugs.

brot15 said:

• advanced bliplist (like the last.fm playlist import)

I didn't really get this one... :)
    you mean a way to reorder the blip playlist?

• Thanks for not supporting imeem

Since blip.fm integrated imeem (which brings only 30 second snippets for us non-US-users) blipster has become even better! No more disappointment because Blipsters shows which tracks are hosted by imeem.

• Rick85 said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2009, 15:04
    Your app is wonderful, but i don't know if it's me that i'm retarded or there isn't a way to low down the volume.
    Also i've a big problem with the scrobbling: songs i blip appear on my blip.fm profile but they aren't scrobbled on last.fm, which is the only reason why i won't use your client which, i repeat, is beautiful. Do i have to insert my last.fm username e pw anywhere inside the client or does it take my info through my blip.fm profile?
    Thanks and good luck with your work.

• dondee2 said...
    • User
    • 14 Jun 2009, 08:38
    this apps made the blip.fm experience a lot more enjoyable with the possibility to see the the bitrate and imeen tracks. I like it very much, great job, it also solves the scrobbling to last.fm that was a hit and miss for me most of the times when i was listening from their blip.fm web page.

• Not working and can't fix it.

All of a sudden the Public Timeline isn't updating is anyone else getting this? I have the same thing on both my machines. An install over the top does nothing.
    Any ideas?

• Excellent job on this. Searching on blip is a pain. Being able to search the results by artist name, etc. makes things much easier.

Thanks for good work.

• Is this still working?

I can't seem to get it to work. When I search sometimes I get results, sometimes I don't. When I do get results, I can't get anything to play. I really want this to work!! :(

• Blipster is still working

@chachafance: Blipster is still working in my configuration (latest air installation, Mac OS X 10.5.8) It doesn't support #tags and channels yet - but works fine.

• dunno if you have thought of this, but....

if i listen to songs locally, and last.fm scrobbles it, can i post them to blip.fm ?

• oh wow this looks great!
    Do you still get the chance to work on this app now and again?

• Grrreat!

The guy who wrote this app... is a MFHero!

Thank you Leo Lobato : )

Los parnoicos son como los poetas. Nacen así. Además, interpretan siempre la realidad en el sentido de su obsesión, a la cual se adapta todo.

Luis Buñuel
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2011, 20:07
    I dont know how to turn sound down.Please help me!!!I love bipster ♥♥♥

• good work

leolobato Thankyou so much looks awesome just started using it and its great

• bug

seems i cant load up the replies on my station dont know if anyone has the same problem? also is there any way to see props you have recieved on here? other than that it seems very good to me

• blind accessible

Hi name is ken and use blip FM but have a tough time on it with a screen reader for the blind. only works properly using internet explorer combined with the moble screen reader system access to go. on firefox only works with the Non visual desktop aid screen reader but NVDA can't seem to concentrate. so before I download this thing is it blind friendly can it be read and interacted with by a blind user using a screen reader such as jaws, window-eyes,thunder, system access or NVDA. if you don't know what a screen reader is that is the speech blind use to output content on a computer.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.