Dio Singing Other Sabbath?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2007, 16:38

Dio Singing Other Sabbath?

Just curious, I'm wondering what tunes people would think Ronnie Dio would sing best or sound great with him as a singer that he didn't record with Sabbath?
    Personally I'd like to hear him do "Headless Cross". His voice would take that song to a new level and I'm a Martin fan.
    After seeing the Heaven And Hell tour in Toronto on March 22nd it really made me long for the Dio Era of Black Sabbath. They stretched themselves and often succeeded.

• Dio couldn't ever manage Headless Cross, not even when he was in his prime. He just doesn't have the range. Not that Tony Martin can do it anymore either! The only Martin stuff Dio could pull off would be Cross Purposes and Forbidden material, which I'd rather not hear him do.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 9 Aug 2011, 11:17
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Apr 2007, 14:35
    BlackSabbath86 said:
    Dio couldn't ever manage Headless Cross, not even when he was in his prime. He just doesn't have the range. Not that Tony Martin can do it anymore either! The only Martin stuff Dio could pull off would be Cross Purposes and Forbidden material, which I'd rather not hear him do.

Yes, he'd sound pretty good on a song like "Get A Grip" or "Dying For Love". I can picture "Dying For Love" leading into "Die Young". That'd be a nice segue.

• After seeing Heaven and Hell live last week I can safely say that Sabbath doesn't need any other material than the Dio era stuff when performing with Ronnie. They played two solid hours of nothing but Heaven and Hell, Mod Rule, and Dehumanizer... It was a wonderful night.

• Tony Martin is quite blatantly aping Dio on "The Shining", so I am pretty sure that Dio could pull that one off very well.

• No Tony Martin is copying Ray Gillen on The Shining.

• I think Dio sings the Ozzy stuff very well!

• BlackSabbath86 said:
    No Tony Martin is copying Ray Gillen on The Shining.

Then Ray Gillen was ripping off Dio haha. Seriously, the opening line of the chorus just reeks of Ronnie James Dio.

• So did a lot of stuff in the '80s. Everyone sounded the same. And the riff was written in 1982 so...

• I think Dio should lick my scrotum many times before attempting the ozzy years, It just doesnt sound right, Thats my fear of going to see heaven and hell, having my ears bleed from him trying to do something he shouldn't. Stick to his own stuff at least. I'm sorry but i consider it a disgrace.

i wandered home through silence streets, and full into a <b>fitfull sleep</b>
  • The WHOLE POINT in them being called Heaven & Hell and not Black Sabbath is that it's just the Dio material he's singing. They didn't want to do any of the Ozzy stuff when there's so many great songs from Dio's three albums with Black Sabbath to choose from. ;-)

• what are you talking about theirs tons of live performances of him doing ozzy songs, but yeah, i was referrring to my earlier times though such as the early 80s, though calling them heaven and hell is a quite new thing.

• I know there are tonnes of live performances of Dio singing Ozzy stuff. That's not what I said. I said if you go and see Heaven & Hell, you won't hear any Ozzy songs sung by Dio.

They're called Heaven & Hell because the original Black Sabbath still technically exist, and also it's so that people don't go to see them expecting to hear Iron Man and Paranoid. With the name Heaven & Hell they are free to do just the Dio-era stuff, which I'm glad about.

• Yea, i see you're point. I would like to see Iommi live lol.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.