What kind of music do you listen to besides (Black) Metal?

• Roomy_ said...
    • User
    • 1 Jun 2009, 11:19

What kind of music do you listen to besides (Black) Metal?

Or do you listen strictly BM?

I like Industrial/electro stuff, Rock 'n Roll like Elvis Presley and even Michael Jackson and Madonna.. Classical music (Wagner, Mozart, Beethoven for example) is great too. And ofcourse some Doom, Death and Folk Metal.

Edited by Roomy_ on 1 Jun 2009, 17:17
  • Lots of classical, and classic rock, some electronic (mostly IDM and breakcore), death metal and folk.

Antonín Dvořák, Non-Drinkers, and Kauan :) Join if you're interested :)
  • A lot of Doom / Death-Doom / Funeral Doom, Dark Ambient, Industrial, Martial, Death Metal, Neo-Classical, Electronic, IDM, Breakcore, some Grindcore, Prog Rock / Metal and film soundtracks. Quite a lot of different stuff really.

• I like other types of music. My main taste is Metal as you can see. I also like Reggae, some Rap, Old Hardcore Punk, and some Rock.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Jun 2009, 20:33
    Mostly classical, hard rock, doom metal, death metal... blah, this list would be long. Depends on what catches my ears at the moment.

• Other metal genres, especially technical death metal; Neofolk; classical music; ambient; noise

• Death metal, folk metal and to a lesser degree groove metal, rock and punk. Occasionally I'll listen to classical.

MDM Forums Admin
    • Kledur said...
    • User
    • 2 Jun 2009, 16:28
    Death and grind, sludge and post

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot. Stomping on a human face...forever.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jun 2009, 17:11
    hmmm....all kinds ØV (xD) extreme music.

• Berud said...
    • User
    • 3 Jun 2009, 11:55
    besides (Black) Metal? :
    folk,
    Jazz (mostly: bop, cool, modern, cut'n'paste, experimental, nu),
    chillout (downtempo,lounge),
    trip hop (not Hip hop),
    turntablism,
    ambient,
    oldstyle OST (like morricone or rota),
    some classical stuff (last time Henryk Górecki or Teodoro Anzellotti),
    breakbeat/rave (the prodigy),
    martial industrial,
    industrial,
    latino bambo ( perez prado is awesome),

from metal:
    brutal death metal,
    viking,
    thrash,

• Mainly Doom, Prog, Post-rock, and even some alternative stuffs
    But i think i'm the only one that hate Death Metal so much

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2009, 10:26
    I also listen to Thrash, Death and Punk ( GG Allin!!). And off course Johnny Cash ;)

• Neofolk ---- Martial industrial ---- (funeral) Doom metal ---- Alternative ---- Progressive ---- Grindcore ---- Death metal ---- Folk ---- Ambient / Dark ambient----- Classical music ---- Post-punk----- Medieval ----- Avant-Garde ---- Synthpop --- Darkwave ---- EBM / Industrial music

• Folk/Viking/Pagan metal, Heavy metal, post-rock, classical music, neo-folk, gothic, rock, some rap, new wave, doom metal, punk, ska, etc...

• Melodic death metal, Power metal, Rock, Thrash.

• Bijlie said...
    • User
    • 6 Jun 2009, 01:18
    Mostley death metal, butt trash is welcome as well. And some other things, butt death is the most lissend next to black

Non Serviam

About Religion:
    Adults With Imaginary Friends Are Stupid

• Sludge, stoner & doom metal, folk (just folk, not metal) and other varied stuff.

Metal gets most of my scrobblings, though

My tension headaches have disappeared!
  • classic rock, death metal, thrash metal, folk(and folk metal) classical(I play classical piano, as well as drums), whatever the fuck Lamb of God is(yes, I listen to Lamb of God) melodeath(old CoB), and I think that's it...I pretty much listen to all metal that doesn't suck....oh, and symphonic metal

"whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you"
    -Frederick Wilhelm Nietzche

you lost the game
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2009, 06:50
    Death, Folk, Viking, some Heavy and Trash.

• Neofolk, darkwave, death metal, doom metal. Some classical (vivaldi especially).

• most stuff, cept Classical and Opera.

stab me 'til i cum
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2009, 18:36
    Viking, folk, death, thrash, power, heavy...

• Vigoor said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2009, 19:50
    Besides (black) metal, the genres I tend to listen to most are electronica, anything experimental/avant-garde, post-rock, folk, etc.

• I study musicology so it's pretty natural I'm interested in many different musical genres.

Jazz: mostly instrumental jazz: Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Herbie hancock, Ornette Coleman (Also jazz-rock like Mahavishnu Orchestra and Return to Forever).

Classical music: Almost any early music (plainchant, renaissance music, baroque), Wiennese classicism, some romantics (Saint-Saëns), impressionists like Debussy and Ravel, minimalists like Philip Glass and John Adams, contemporary composers such as Kaija Saariaho and John Tavener.

Nordic folk music / traditional music: Tallari, Frigg, Värttinä
    Irish Folk: The Chieftains, The Dubliners

1950s - 1960s rock: The Byrds, The Who, The Kinks, The Shadows, Cliff Richard, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, The Beach Boys, Small Faces

Hard rock / heavy metal: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Van Halen, Kiss, Guns'n'Roses
    Avantgarde/prog metal
    Death metal

Noise pop: The jesus and Mary chain, The Raveonettes
    Indie: The Olivia Tremor Control, The Apples in Stereo, The Thrills, The Ordinary Boys, The Pipettes, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Prog rock: Yes, Genesis

Electronic/Ambient: Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Brian Eno, Kraftwerk

Hip hop: Afrika Bambaataa, Beastie Boys, Run DMC

World music: Youssou N'Dour, Wimme, Angelique Kidjo

Punk rock: MC5, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, The Exploited, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Circle Jerks, The Undertones, Generation X, Sham 69, Rancid

Post-punk / goth rock: U2 (early), Echo and The Bunnymen, Bauhaus, Killing Joke

Ska/reggae: Hepcat, Westbound Train, la Casa Bancale, UB40, The Specials, Madness, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Latin fusion: Santana

• Classical music (1700 - 1850); not this new shit...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.