Your least favourite genre?

• the only one i dislike is screamo stuff where you can't understand what the person is "singing" and you can't hear the music...... makes no sense to me...

• unethicalquack_:
    Most (if not all) death metal band don't have the lyrics delivered in a clear way unless you're really used to this type of vocals. That would shake your argument a bit, wouldn't it? Don't get me wrong, I'm all the way into death metal but I think you just forgot to mention it on your dislike-list =).

"Our breed will resist all fake trends until this sad world ends"
  • all electronic music (except some ebm), rap, indie, flamenco, some pop, reagge, reaggeton, some classical music...

• I dont like metal that much, exept for melodic, gothic, classical and jazz-metal. Techno, like hardcore ore gabba or what the heck its called, is also not my style.
    What I really dont like is the mainstream chart shit like Madonna or Brittney Spears and other bands and singers who are just mannequins with a mic and maybe a good sound programmer in the back.
    The worst are bands or singer casted in TV shows, like Next Superstar, American Idol or Britain's Got Talent, etc.
    They're really pathetic, some of the bands are only known for the time they're are casted in TV.

• Country & Rap.

• I really like a little bit of everything! I especially love folk-pop, alt-country, and hip-hop. I'm not into anything that's too angry/screaming, so that's most metal, but I do really like KORN--especially those KORN/Linkin Park mash-ups. I appreciate a good screamo/metal tune if I'm in the right mood.

• Hate all kinds of electronic music. Can't stand it.
    "I'm not into anything that's too angry/screaming, so that's most metal,"
    Are you sure? I mean, have you even heard what 'metal' means?
    "screamo/metal tune"
    Please, don't mix those up. It's like mixing B.B. King with Britney.

• I can't stand most of the songs on the hits station and gangsta rap. >__< Those two things are all my two roommates listen to. I've listened to the lyrics and the music both and can't get into neither. The songs they listen to have lyrics consisting mostly of swear words & "nigga". Even hearing their music makes me pissed off!!

I also don't like music that sounds like just banging & screaming to me.

• dance music, epically when it's a remix of an existing dance song just with a faster beat.

George
  • (Twee) indie pop

Trying to be "catchy", but not giving it their all (especially that half-assed singing with boring melodies). Trying to be "unique", but sounds exactly the same as each other.

Eww D:

Please quit sitting on the fence.

(They just do not suit my personal taste at all)

• Indie, definitely. Both pop and so-called "rock".

• tropcia said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2009, 18:57
    polish music in general... (I'm not saying there isn't ANYTHING good, but still). Polish pop and hh mostly.
    What more... techno&everything similar (I admit I know nothing about those genres XD).

I also dun like jazz, actually. As for now XD

nie mam nic do powiedzenia.
  • ill listen to the majority of music genres and i even have a bit of time for some indie, despite the fact that most of it sounds the same.
    but what i really hate is radio friendly, unimaginative, vomit inducing r&b.

example: T.I., chris brown etc.

in the words of the king blues "I demand love that isn't measured by the words to some dire r&b song about what a good man, what a mighty, mighty good man is."

• I don't like ruling out any genre in particular but I certainly don't listen to much country or R&B (of the contemporary variety). I'm not exactly keen on these genres as a whole either but there's definitely artists I like from both.

• Oretama said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2009, 05:09
    I really can't stand noise-rock or noise for that matter. I think the only noise-rock band I like is Melt-Banana and even then, I only stick to Cellscape and the first half of Bambi's Dilemma- which are both considered their more accessible albums and are less on the "noise" side of things. I don't like drone either.

• There's too many stuff we still don't know, too many styles out there to pick or avoid and I'm pretty much eassily finding something good in each type, but those I can really stand are death metal/screamo/grunt categories with a few exceptions when something over the song is worthy of a positive vote. Rap categories (hip hop, r&b, etc) also get negative votes usually, even though, still a couple of lestenable songs (for me) apear once in a while.
    I belive there is not an "I hate that" thing with music, it either has to say something to you or not, if it has you like it, if not, it's just not made compatible with your personality, no hard feelings and that's it :)

"music knows no boundaries, nor language, nation or color, music is like the rainbow, you just have to pick your favorite color or admire the whole thing"
    • K-Willa said...
    • User
    • 6 Mar 2009, 14:32
    indie-pop
    mainstream hip-hop / RnB
    most Dance music
    pop
    classical music
    gothic shit !!!

... and a lot more but I also listen to many different genres of music

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Mar 2009, 12:45
    Indie-pop is the only genre I can't stand. Groups like Scouting For Girls, Alphabeat, The Killers... they seriously make me want to bang my head against the wall until I pass out. It's the only type of music that really just all sounds the same to me.

• I'm not too keen on thrash metal, country or gangsta rap, but even though I don't particuarly seek out bands in those genres, I will occasionally listen to music from the genres and enjoy it.

However, I really don't like R&B. It just doesn't do anything for me. I guess that's the one genre I just really don't like.

• I can't stand turbo-folk (musical genre that originated in Balkans, in Bulgaria it is called "chalga", known for mostly crude lyrics and production), although I have to admit some songs made me laugh out loud. Here are some of them.

Superman/Batman

Azis

Seka

• i don't like gotic and metal

"sorry for my english"
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2009, 17:50
    i dont like country music too much there are a couple artists of that genre i may like but im not a big country fan neither am i a fan of jonas brothers lmfao

• I'm opened for every style of music. But there is the only one genre I can't stand, and this is Rap

• No country for me. Just none. Folk is different, but country? Singing about trucks, booze, and Daisy Dukes, mixed in with some religious over tones? No thank you. Also, they disgrace acoustic music 99.9% of the time.

• mmmbopp said...
    • User
    • 23 Mar 2009, 00:53
    probably country but im also not really into the screamo type of music

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.