What's Your Favourite Beer?

• ed_d said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2005, 07:22

What's Your Favourite Beer?

What's Your Favourite Beer? Mine is a throw up between Coopers Pale Ale and Tooheys Extra Dry (both Australian beers).

If you're interested in Australian hip-hop join here -> Aussie Hip-Hop
    Like watching AFL? Then join here -> AFL
    Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    Also check out my web site -> http://www.whoopwhoop.com.au
  • I really enjoy Zagorka(it's Bulgarian). As for foreign beer I drink Beck's when I don't want to get drunk(it's soo light), Heineken and Tuborg.

• I like polish beer like Tyskie, Żubr or Tatra.

"Jeśli się dąży do psychiki pozbawionej duszy, to nie odczuwa się żadnego współczucia dla ludzkiego niemowlęcia, które rozpaczliwie woła pomocy, pozostawione samo w zaciemnionym pokoju" K. Lorenz
  • I tend to stick with Guiness, nuff siad.

• Bakura said...
    • User
    • 19 Jan 2006, 19:14
    Sternburg Export, becks (german beer)

• Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer. Mmmm.

Fancy making Paulton Rovers your second (or third) team? Show your support by joining the group!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Mar 2006, 17:30
    Paulaner's (all of them) are ones of my favorites. I like Affligem Triple and Adelscott too. And sometimes enjoy Desperados and Deilirium Tremens.

• I love Celebrator and Old Peculier

"The worst evil that you can do, psychologically, is to laugh at yourself. That means spitting in your own face." -Ayn Rand

True wisdom cannot be expressed by articulate sounds.
    The language of fools-is words.
    In the labyrinth of the alphabet the truth is hidden.
    It is one thing repeated many times.
  • san miguel

now let me explain before yall start talkin down san miguel.
    for me, a beer is all about balance. im not saying this beer tastes extraordinarily wonderful because it doesnt. in fact, the first time you try it, you wont be very impressed. some say its a bit too subtle. well for me its the perfect balance between not enough flavor and too much flavor, its the perfect balance between too sharp and too smoothe, between too full and not enough, between too heavy and too light. and i presonaly enjoy the taste. i can have a san miguel at any time of the day, and during any situation be it camping or just watching tv; it goes good with dinner, and i dont mind watching the sunrise on the beach with a cool one in my hand. show me a san miguel and ill crack one open with you. san miguel has grown on me. and its not just because its an aquired taste and im used to it.... like coors light or something that i used to drink in highschool cuz itd be cheap, familiar, and easy.
    some say its a bit light? i say, fuck you, youre a bit fat.

matter of fact, i havent had one in a while, ima make a run down to trader joe's and get myself a six pack.

...et que la musique de ton coeur fasse danser ta vie

www.hifi5entertainment.com
    <<facebook>>
    • ed_d said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2006, 10:20
    I remember having a San Miguel and it was really good, then a year or so later I had another one and I didn't like it at all. It might have been the batch or one was left in the sun or something, but I'm unsure about it.

Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2006, 19:54
    Blerg. I like San Miguel... I like it but I consider it a low quality beer, maybe it's one of the bests bad beers. However, If I drink cheap beer I prefer Steinburg.

(Maybe I think that San Miguel is bad bear because it's Spanish)

• ed_d said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2006, 00:55
    I think it originated in the Philipines, which could make your thoughts of it even worse...

• lol it did... but i love the philipines personaly

<<facebook>>
  • I have a deep respect for non-quaffable beers as a homebrewer. I feel they are harder to create with overall drinkability. When you can create a 'big' beer and the various flavors present themselves and are in harmony with one another it is beautiful. I love Gouden Carolus and Immort ale because they push the envelope along with Aventinus. I agree with the motto drink better beer, drink less.

"The worst evil that you can do, psychologically, is to laugh at yourself. That means spitting in your own face." -Ayn Rand

• smart man, smart man.
    at the same time, i believe a good beer shouldn't have some random burst of flavor. beer should be somewhat subtle, thats what makes it beer. when you get into dark beers, and authentic beers, to me, it almost doesnt taste like a beer, it taste like an expensive drink. which is nice. but a beer to me has to be something comforting and familiar, rather than an experience. at least for a day to day kindof thing. but it is nice, once in a while to try something different and new. i just cant see myself drinking them consistantly.

<<facebook>>
    • ed_d said...
    • User
    • 25 Apr 2006, 02:47

Re:

Quoth Serpent_axed:
    I agree with the motto drink better beer, drink less.

Definately. That's like anything really when you think about it...you don't want to have too much of a good thing.

• freak69 said...
    • User
    • 26 May 2006, 08:22
    I Love Polish and Slovakian(?) beer. Mine favourites are Tyskie,Kelt and Frater

• I purchased a case of Burton Baton from Dogfish head about a week ago. It is a big beer! It is in the Burton style which takes freshly fermented and ale aged in oak barrels and blends them. This is an Ipa with a superb oak ale flavor, it weighs in around 10% but is surprisingly smooth. Check thelink:http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Limited_Edition_Beers/Burton_Baton/22/index.htm
    I think ale drinkers will enjoy. I recently had another fine IPA http://www.southamptonpublickhouse.com/

• blue Chimay (belgian beer) :)

www.chimay.com ;)

• cardinal

and: franziskaner.

god's gonna cut you down
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Jun 2006, 15:26
    I love Miller and Tuborg red.

• neoone said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2006, 09:51
    my favorite, as I'm from Poland, is Tyskie and Lech but I also like belgian beer Palm (there was a time when I had realy lot of it)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is temporary
    GLory is eternal
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  • neoone Lech smells like dirty socks:)

"Jeśli się dąży do psychiki pozbawionej duszy, to nie odczuwa się żadnego współczucia dla ludzkiego niemowlęcia, które rozpaczliwie woła pomocy, pozostawione samo w zaciemnionym pokoju" K. Lorenz
    • neoone said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2006, 20:53
    you're wearing preatty nice socks then :p

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is temporary
    GLory is eternal
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    • visix said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2006, 07:33
    Efes Pilsen (Turkish Beer)
    Tuborg

do, bir külah dondurma. re, masmavi bir dere. mi, denizde bir gemi. fa, gemide bir tayfa. sol, papatyalı bir yol. la, güneşten bir damla. si, ayşenin kedisi...
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.