Mccartney ...

• Mccartney ...

Hey everybody !

I have lately listened to Mccartney's last song "Dance Tonight" which I hated ...
    I think that as he grew up, he completely lost his sensibility as an artist, i pretty much prefer him with the bealtes ...

What do you think ?

• I fully agree with you. Songs which he made with The Beatles were much better than songs that he's making now. But there is some good stuff, like "Maybe I'm amazed" (really beautiful song), or Coming Up. You should listen to them. :)

Greetings,
    netsatan :)

• Sure. His Beatles Songs are .. MUCH better than his later stuff.

As he got older, it became all mediocre stuff.

I guess for some artists, they get their height of their musical skills, and as it progresses, it also declines..

Pretty much, The Beatles were really better as a group.

BEATLES 4 EVER !

Join *** BEATLES ABBEY ROAD ***
    http://beatlesabbeyroad.ning.com/

Join The Beatles Forums!
    http://beatlesforums.proboards85.com/
  • his beatles songs are better because he wasnt the only one writing them. now he's on his own. i think thats what a true artist is, one who can write songs on his own and without help from anyone else.

i still appreciate his solo music. "English Tea" for example. I think his songs are happy and cute, and john's were thought provoking. so the balance created better music! :)

• I don't think so. He was great in Beatles, he sure to be. But in time of Wings or even later he wrote his best songs, IMHO. Actually, I don't really like Memory Almost Full, but Chaos and Craetion in the Backyard and Wingspan and great.

• hm...

I don´t know....I pretty like his album Flaming pie- love song Calico skies...

But it´s true that he was better with Beatles, all of them were great when they joined like group.
    Anyway...I also like songs from Paul and really like John´s songs. Both of them were great together, but also like solo artist. John had big charisma, so he was much popular than Paul, who looked like lost boy. I think, that he had still problem to show his true musician´s heart. I have feeling that I found it now in his songs like Calico skies, Heaven on Sunday or Beautiful night...

"how troublesome...what a drag" NaraShikamaru

„No matter what your age and no matter where you come from, everyone can change the world in some way, whether it's being a mentor to someone younger than you or someone that doesn't have as much experience as you. If you're passionate enough, you can do whatever you want and definitely change the world.“ Josh Groban
  • He was great with the beatles, but i think he did an awesome job with mccartney and ram. they're great albums that every beatles fan should listen to

• Not at all, that song its just a game for him, he makes it look easy, check the album as a whole and you will see he still got it.

You gotta slow down (slow down) sweet talkin' woman (slow down)
    You got me runnin', you got me searchin'.
    Hold on (hold on) sweet talkin' lover (hold on)
    It's so sad if that's the way it's over.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2008, 18:12
    McCartney wrote amazingly good songs with The Beatles.
    His solo career is has some good songs too, i think that "Chaos & Creation" is his best album but still it's not even near what he accomlished with The Beatles.
    Much because of the chemistry between McCartney and Lennon, they were truly superior together :)

• SgPepr said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2008, 02:10
    I remember hearing "Another Day" for the first time on the radio back in '71 as a young teen and thinking that it was kind of a weak first solo effort. Then, as the 70's rolled on, it became apparent that McCartney was never going to live up to the caliber of music that was the Fab Four. Although, he's got quite a few gems in his vast library that come very close, "Band On The Run", among them and a couple of songs on "Chaos & Creation" & others. At any rate, I'm glad Sir Paul still tries to come up with those far & few between terrific tracks and I'm always looking forward to his next album.

• My opinion

When Paul McCartney was in The Beatles, he wrote some incredibly beautiful songs ("yesterday", "Long and Winding Road", etc). The group dynamic allowed him to be a little more creative with his songwriting. Honestly, I think that he has become quite underrated as a musician and singer. I agree that "Flaming Pie" is one heck of an album. I haven't heard any of his most recent album yet.

"The Earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the Earth. This we know. All things are connected like the blood which unites one family. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web he does to himself." -Chief Seattle
    • dvlarge said...
    • User
    • 4 Nov 2008, 13:27

Chill

Not every song or album can be a masterpiece. Even Davinchi, Michael Angelo, or Picasso had some stinkers once in a while.
    Lighten Up

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2008, 19:23
    some songs by mccartney are excellent like live and let die and others but he was better off with beatles

• pietiaa said...
    • User
    • 4 Dec 2008, 22:24
    McCartney is a great composer, even after The Beatles broke-up, but John was the guy, who added something, that made their music special and magic ;)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Dec 2008, 20:55
    I think that McCartney is a really talented musician, but I prefer his art in Beatles.
    John and Paul made a lot of songs together. And that was a secret. They have this magic power, when they were together, because John gave something and Paul also give something from him into ONE song. And they made beautiful songs. :)

• Lennon & McCartney

There are good tracks in McCartney solo career, for example: "My brave face" ; "My love", ... your 3 earlies albums like McCartney, I think, because he has a lot beat -ideas in your head, yet. But now he´s "sixty four" lol.
    One question: Who can to play "I saw her satanding there" ....the bass and sing at the same? it´s very dificult, but Paul make it easy.

• I think McCartney has done some excellent solo stuff but obviously with such a large post Beatles output, there will inevitably be some weaker material. I think the same can be said of Lennon too though which always seems to be overlooked.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make
  • THE MACCA KNOCKERS!!

God i hate this!!! "paul was better when he was with the beatles. So was John.....and George.....and Ringo certainly was!! Let's face it people, NO ONE out there writes songs like the BEATLES!!! They still stand alone as the creative force behind WORLD pop music. What you want from mccartney? Hasn't he done enough? There isn't an artist alive who wouldn't die to be as prolific as Paul. He could have retired in 1970 and still been up there as the greatest songwriter ever!! Yes, he has been mediocre at times, but get this people. SO HAS EVERYONE ELSE. I for one, am glad he's still out there. Have any of you heard THE FIREMAN album? jesus it rocks!!! The glass is half full folks, not half empty. JUST ENJOY.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.