Banshee 1.6 Beta 4 (1.5.3) don't scrobble :-(

• Banshee 1.6 Beta 4 (1.5.3) don't scrobble :-(

Hi,
    my banshee 1.6 Beta 4 (1.5.3) don't scrobble. Rhythmbox make this job, banshee not :-)

Ubuntu 9.10 @64bit

Can me help, or is it a bug?

LG
    Herr Schroeder

"Grundlage jeder wahren Verantwortung und damit der höchsten Form von Menschenwürde bleibt es, sich darüber klar zu werden, was das, was man tut, wirklich bedeutet."

Max Steenbeck (1904-81), dt. Physiker
  • Hello, Herr_Schroeder

At least for me it works with the same banshee version as you use.

Activate it this way:

1.Edit -> Settings -> Addons and activate the plugin lastFM scrobble
    2.) Edit -> Settings -> Source-depending (in german "quellspezifisch", nut sure what the english name is) ->last fm insert your user name and activate it via your browser (e.g. firefox). then there should be a "legitimiert" or something like that.
    3.) Tools -> Last-Fm-> activate transmission of titles.

best wishes from austria
    patrick

• one stupid thing in banshee - it asks us about our names and passwords on last.fm but doesn't starts scrobbling, so you should start scrobbling yourself (as patrick told in 3)

• Banshee 1.6, an error seems to be. The user is asked, but not the password.
    I now use the Rhythmbox player until the error is corrected. Nevertheless, thanks for your tips

LG
    Jens

"Grundlage jeder wahren Verantwortung und damit der höchsten Form von Menschenwürde bleibt es, sich darüber klar zu werden, was das, was man tut, wirklich bedeutet."

• in my banshee version 1.6 Beta 4 (1.5.3), which is the same as you use, it is not necessary to insert a password. if you click on this "reload icon button" a browser window pops up and you are prompted to allow banshee authorization on the last.fm website.

but anyway rythmbox is not bad (even I like banshee more ;) )

good luck!

• I like banshee more, but the scrobbling with last.fm is a bug. Ok, banshee 1.6 is beta, nightly version ;-)
    By banshee 1.5 is scrobbling with last.fm perfect

LG
    Jens

• i use this ppa:
    https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa
    , where the current version is 1.6 Beta 4 (1.5.3), which works for me.
    (the ppa conatins also some plugins and so on, which should be compatible to the banshee version in the ppa).

• gexi said...
    • User
    • 19 Apr 2010, 12:58
    hi there,

i'm using 1.6.0 on lucid from the original lucid repos. there seems to be a similar problem.

after entering my username and pressing the »legitimation button« next to it, firefox opens and brings me to a site on which i can allow banshee to scrobble to last.fm. if i do so, however, banshee still shows me »legitimation in progress«, but nothing happens.

that's really a problem for me, cause banshee 1.6 is such a gorgeous release. i don't want to miss out on that. but on the other hand i've become pretty depended on last.fm ;)

maybe someone knows what's wrong here.

cheers guys :)

• gexi, try the 'refresh' icon next to the legitimation button after you authorise banshee on the last.fm site

• gexi said...
    • User
    • 24 Apr 2010, 12:12
    thanksalot runoutofsleep. works now ... :)

• There is no window to input the password, and banshee doesn't scrobble(((. When i press LastFm button mozilla just openes last.fm site

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.