ACL 2006 Schedule

• ACL 2006 Schedule

Looking over the schedule....

Some of the choices create conflict for me, me, and the schedule is going to make it tough for some fans.

Friday Night:
    Subdudes vs. Nickel Creek vs. Gnarls Barkley (ok, maybe not so tough)

Los Lonely Boys vs.Jimmie Dale Gilmore vs. Thievery Corporation

The Tragically Hip vs. Sparklehorse vs. Ray Lamontagne

Saturday night:
    Los Lobos vs. The Shins

Nada Surf vs. The Secret Machines

What Made Milwaukee Famous vs. String Cheese Incident vs. The Raconteurs

Kings Of Leon vs. Iron and Wine (this one is especially tough for me)

Sunday night they have scheduled almost in the same time block right before Tom Petty:
    New Orleans Social Club vs. Jack Ingram vs. MUSE vs. The Flaming Lips (also Ben Harper and G. Love, but who cares about them).

These are all (ok, most of them) bands I wanted to see.

I void warranties. If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it.
    • B_Rex said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2006, 17:45

Too many good things...

Frustrating--yet it's a dilemma that signifies abundance! Too many good things to choose from instead of not enough. LOL!

Thought about shelling out (ouch) for any of the "aftershows?" A few you listed above will be playing elsewhere after-hours.

• I had no idea - thanks for the heads up! I'm a rank no0b when it comes to ACL - this is my first year. The aftershows sound like a great idea. I'll check out Antone's and Stubbs - any other joints you know of?

Yea, as far as the ouch goes, between plane tics, festival tics, hotel, etc. I'm already numb, so bring it on.

• Thanks B!

Some aftershow information here:

http://www.livedailyblog.com/news/notetoself/comments/91/acl_festival_aftershows.html

Anyone else with suggestions?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.