Audioscrobbler.app 0.9.13

• tehabe said...
    • User
    • 30 Jun 2010, 20:06

Browser

My browser is always running and I use Chrome.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 30 Jun 2010, 20:42
    Clearly something isn't working, but I don't get it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2010, 11:10
    Might have found another bug, 0.9.12 seems to like scrobbling tracks a bit early on occasion.

• kentD said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2010, 15:15
    like the others, I'm not able to click on the growl notification. It just says I need to "click here" but it's like clicking into nothing. :(

This was just after I updated to 0.9.11 and later to 12 :-/

I'm using Safari 5 aswell

• onewil said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2010, 22:42
    Unrelated to the authorization issues (worked fine for me on Safari 5, btw, opened window, authorized, no problem), does anyone else see Growl eating like 500 MB of memory if you play an album in loop for a while? After about 5 or 6 runs through the same set of 12 songs the GrowlHelper app is suddenly chomping memory like mad, and the only thing that's using it is Audioscrobbler, so... any suggestions welcome. Right now I just re-start Growl, which works, or turn it off when looping an album all day.

But thanks again, I love this minimal version, so much better than any other option.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 2 Jul 2010, 16:06
    rachcouture said:
    Might have found another bug, 0.9.12 seems to like scrobbling tracks a bit early on occasion.
    We scrobble at the scrobble point now. It's not early, it's the exact right time. Of course Last.fm has been designed for the 1.2 way of doing things for a while now so it looks weird on your profile.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 2 Jul 2010, 16:07
    onewil said:
    After about 5 or 6 runs through the same set of 12 songs the GrowlHelper app is suddenly chomping memory like mad, and the only thing that's using it is Audioscrobbler, so... any suggestions welcome. Right now I just re-start Growl, which works, or turn it off when looping an album all day.
    Oh great. Sounds like a bug in Growl. I bet it's the album art. Though I haven't seen this myself, but I wasn't looking for it. Will check it out.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jul 2010, 18:52
    Thanks for the explanation, Max.

Happy to see album tag data is now sent. :)

• another small bug

I noticed that when i scrobble using this that it says on my profile im scrobbling from "Scrobbl for iPhone". I do use that app to scrobble from my ipod touch. I know before it didnt have this problem back in 0.9.9 or 0.9.8 i believe (cant quite remember). Not sure what program is causing the problem, but since it just started after a few updates i think it might be this end. Its not a problem that really bothers me that much, but i thought id mention it.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 4 Jul 2010, 11:23

Re: another small bug

a978point40 said:
    I noticed that when i scrobble using this that it says on my profile im scrobbling from "Scrobbl for iPhone". I do use that app to scrobble from my ipod touch. I know before it didnt have this problem back in 0.9.9 or 0.9.8 i believe (cant quite remember). Not sure what program is causing the problem, but since it just started after a few updates i think it might be this end. Its not a problem that really bothers me that much, but i thought id mention it.
    This is a bug in protocol 2.0 as detailed here: http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/626367

• tehabe said...
    • User
    • 4 Jul 2010, 13:15

Auth again

It is not the problem that authorization doesn't work at all but that I have to authorize Audioscrobbler every time I start it again!

• argasso said...
    • User
    • 5 Jul 2010, 07:23

Re: Auth again

tehabe pisze:
    It is not the problem that authorization doesn't work at all but that I have to authorize Audioscrobbler every time I start it again!

I have exactly the same problem... I use Firefox, if it does make any difference.

• kentD said...
    • User
    • 5 Jul 2010, 18:07
    ok, I deactivated Growl completely and finally saw the authorization page. But now I have the same problem as argasso and tehabe. It just asks me every 2 minutes to authorize it :(

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 7 Jul 2010, 09:35
    If I had to guess I'd say that possibly you guys have too old a Growl. Like one before it supported clicking the bubbles? But yeah, if Growl is off, it just opens the URL automatically, so that is indeed a solution.

Regarding the reauth issue. Beats me. I haven't observed this, and it only asks for auth when Last.fm tells it to.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 7 Jul 2010, 09:37
    Oh OK:

"Not all displays support click feedback."

So you guys are using some less-featured "display" theme for Growl I guess? My fault. I should have thought of that. Will fix.

Reauth issue: I still have no idea. May I suggest checking the log in Console to see if there is any debug output that may be useful?

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 7 Jul 2010, 10:02
    So Growl offers me no way to tell if the theme supports clicks. So I made it when the notification times-out it opens the browser window. Prolly there's some other bugs as I have barely tested this:

http://www.methylblue.com/audioscrobbler/Audioscrobbler-0.9.12.1.zip

So this should open the browser whatever now. I'm not satisfied with the UX of it though so consider this transitory.

• onewil said...
    • User
    • 7 Jul 2010, 17:34
    I am also getting the "reauthorize on app start" bug. It works fine once authorized, but if I quit it and re-start I get the popup to reauthorize, which works fine (using default Growl style).

As for my earlier note (on Growl eating memory) I am sure it's a Growl bug, not your bug. It is very repeatable (on my machine, 13" MBP, 10.6.4, Growl 1.2, any version of this minimal Audioscrobbler you've ever posted), and just stopping Growl (via the System Pref pane) and re-starting it sends the memory usage down (meaning I don't have to quit Audioscrobbler). It seems to be only repeating songs (rather than just long periods of play) that triggers it, like I said before. Sorry to bother you with their bug, but your app is the only one I ever see Growl do this with.

• tehabe said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2010, 00:54

Listening Now

When I stop iTunes or close it, Audioscrobbler doesn't change the status. The last title played stays as "Listening Now" forever.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 9 Jul 2010, 13:56

Re: Listening Now

tehabe said:
    When I stop iTunes or close it, Audioscrobbler doesn't change the status. The last title played stays as "Listening Now" forever.

Yeah I'm aware of this bug. 0.9.11 doesn't have it. I didn't want to release 0.9.12 yet, it's pretty buggy but hand was forced by server (still) going fubar if you submit the albumArtist metadata.

• kawazoe said...
    • User
    • 10 Jul 2010, 01:23

Many scrobbling errors

I get very frequent unknown errors (code 11) in the user.updateNowPlaying method since I've updated to v0.9.11. I guess it's already better than on .10 when it would simply crash silently...

Apparently, I also get some invalid signature errors (code 13) in track.scrobble from time to time.

Do you know what might cause this?

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 10 Jul 2010, 13:40

Re: Many scrobbling errors

kawazoe
    Do you know what might cause this?
    Yes. Read up. It's been discussed 3 or 4 times now.

• onewil said...
    • User
    • 12 Jul 2010, 19:25
    Just wanted to note that I think Growl fixed their issue, as they just updated and I haven't (yet) seen the memory leak issue while scrobbling fairly similarly. Will do a more exhaustive test of looping 1 album this afternoon and report back.

• The preliminary 0.9.12 version fixes the problem of getting an error whenever it tries submit anything. But there's still the authentication problem and I still get an error when I love track.

The memory footprint is ±15mb

Hope this helps.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2010, 10:52
    I've been using 0.9.10 until yesterday as 0.9.11 didn't work. Now, 0.9.10 doesn't work anymore for me (I suppose due to the API change?)

The error I'm getting with 0.9.11 is: "Failed: This token has not been authorized". (Can be seen on the "History" menu.) I think I may have to authorize the app? How? I won't be asked to do so.

Thanks for the really great app! Without it, I would have abandoned last.fm already.

• mxcl said...
    • Alumni
    • 15 Jul 2010, 22:55
    bwittorf, use the latest preliminary 0.9.12 build (only in comments), it should be fixed.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.