Click 'next' and it keeps skipping songs - WIN7 (v2.1.20)

• Click 'next' and it keeps skipping songs - WIN7 (v2.1.20)

Hi, sometimes, when I press the next button, the playback keeps skipping songs.

Expected: I press 'next' and it jumps to the next song in teh queue.

Actual: I press 'next' and the song skips, briefly shows the title & artist name ( but not image or extended info) then skips to the next track, over and over again, until apparently it decides to stop on a tune it likes, which then plays as normal.

NB I have found that pressing the pause button sometimes seems to kick itself out of the skipping loop.

Not knowing much about how the app works, I'd say it looks like it's getting the track info, then looking for the music stream, and then that's either not found, errors out, or fails to start quickly enough, and moves on.

Thx

• Ditto

Except, I don't even have to click 'next' for it to do this - it just reaches a point where it doesn't want to play the next 12 or so songs (the buttons are unresponsive - the entire window stops responsive) and after a bit of futile clicking about it eventually calms down and resumes playback.

• same with me (Win7-64; v2.1.20)

• kop48 said...
    • User
    • 2 Jul 2012, 18:13
    Having the same problem here too. Have to kill the process and start it again.

• Me as well and staff knows all about this issue. I let mine stay stuck on 'skip' though - just wanted to see how long it would continue,...it skipped and skipped for 10 minutes, totaling 100s of tracks, so I quit the program and had to restart it.

It is not our Operating Systems doing this, as it does it on Win XP and Vista for me and also on MACs.

• Same here... almost feels like the application is getting the key down event on the button, but then doesn't register the key up for some reason when this happens.

Although I'm not sure that's it either, because I've closed the app while this is happening, re-opened, and it was still skipping... so maybe the service still running in the background is where the issue lives, or something on the server side?

• Same here, especially when I try to skip one or more tracks myself. Although I've started to press pause, which makes the player stopp this "fast-skipping." Thus, it's not impossible to manage this quirky behavior, but I thought the staff should know. Otherwise, great player! (Except for another minor issue about volume control on the computer system I'm writing about elsewhere in this forum.)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Jul 2012, 23:11
    Also having this issue (Win7 64). No other problems though, love the new look.

• I also have this problem with the skip button going out of control.
    When I press the skip once it doesn't seem to happen, but if I press skip, then when the next song loads I press it again it goes out to lunch and gets stuck skipping songs until I can time it right to press the skip button or the pause button to stop it from doing that.

~PurpleD
  • Getting worse?

OK, so just now it got stuck skipping after pressing the "Ban" button on a song. After pressing the button it just kept on skipping and no combination of Pause or Next button pressing regardless of timing was able to help. I eventually just had to close the entire app and open it again to fix the problem.
    Can we get any sort of response on this issue?
    Is it a known bug or being looked into?

Thanks.

~PurpleD
    • btarb24 said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2012, 23:15
    I'll occasionally get this but i don't think it is just skipping songs arbitrarily. The problem for me typically begins with me noticing music stopped. When i check the player i see that a song is stuck at about 2 or 3 seconds in. I can either hit pause then play or click Next. Either approach typically causes the next 1-4 song to skip immediately upon attempting to play it. I presume it has something to do with failing to initiate the song correctly.

• I have the same problem. (Win 7 64bit and Itunes) And sometimes it scrobbles double.

• Tewan said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2012, 16:14
    I've experienced this issue as well using Windows 7 (6.1.7601) 64-bit using all latest Windows Updates. I listened to roughly 15 songs and skipped a few before it began doing this behavior. Aside from that, it was completely random from what I can tell.

I'm not sure if it will help at all, but feel free to view my dxdiag output. Perhaps it's consolidated to Logitech keyboards? Who knows. http://pastebin.com/RyLCWrzz

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.