Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.18

• eartle said...
    • Alumni
    • 26 Apr 2012, 18:35

Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.18

Hi, guys.

Thanks for all the feedback! We've been quite overwhelmed, but we're listening and acting on your suggestions and bug reports.

So here's another update to the beta client. 'Auto/checking for' updates should be live in the app within the next 24 hours, if you can't wait that long the links have been updated and you can download straight from this group page.

Here are some of the changes included:

Features
    * Scrobble tab design improvements
    * Can now delete scrobbles from the list through the right click menu
    * Added a licenses dialog for third party software
    * About box now has the Last.fm logo

Bug fixes
    * Quit dialog now asks a question
    * Scrobble repeated tracks
    * Now restores same size and position when reopening
    * Initial window size adjusts for very small/low resolution screens
    * Doesn't filter other user's personal stations from your recent stations anymore
    * Windows installer now has updated images
    * Doesn't need to fetch track info when refreshing the scrobbles list anymore
    * Should now run on Mac OSX 10.5.x

Hope you like it!

Michael Coffey

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
  • Excellent! Just to be clear…

This is a very basic question which has probably already been answered, but still:

Just to be clear, the audioscrobbler beta does not run on Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.11, correct? (Tried downloading it before seeing that all the users who post on these forums are running later OS versions…)

Thanks!

— J
    • tapenoon said...
    • Subscriber
    • 10 May 2012, 01:24
    nope, still cannot install on mac osx 10.5.8
    :(

Taxicab movies in our heads and cigarettes
    • Draykan said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2012, 11:57

Intel 10.5, you mean…

The application is still Intel only.
    Are you going to produce an Universal binary version that runs on Mac OS X 10.5 PowerPC?

• Barin65 said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2012, 20:05
    Beta asked to check for updates, I said yes and now it isn't scrobbling anymore... I starts counting from 0 to 6, then returns to 0... I have closed and reopened the scrobbler, but it keeps countingo up to six and restarting the time count...

• [2]

Beta asked to check for updates, I said yes and now it isn't scrobbling anymore... I starts counting from 0 to 6, then returns to 0... I have closed and reopened the scrobbler, but it keeps countingo up to six and restarting the time count...

• gworley said...
    • Subscriber
    • 21 May 2012, 02:20

Initial Screen still not fixed.

Initial Screen still opens so that is below the taskbar on Window 7 but after resize and repostion on the screen opens to last know position and size.

• gworley said...
    • Subscriber
    • 21 May 2012, 02:22

Was this update automatic?

I never asked for an update but when I went to check it was already updated to 2.1.18 from 2.1.17.

• gworley said...
    • Subscriber
    • 21 May 2012, 02:25

Does the Delete Scroble funcion delete only the one track played?

I am chicken to find out if only deletes the track played or every Scroble from the play history for the track?

• gworley said...
    • Subscriber
    • 21 May 2012, 02:28

iPod Scrobbing

iPod Scrobbling seems to be better. Since I didn't know that app had been updated -- no indication at all when I started up iTunes and the last.fm app started right up without any notification that the app had been updated -- I will monitor the iPod scobbling closer.

• gworley said...
    • Subscriber
    • 21 May 2012, 02:36

Scobbles stopped after sync of iPod

When my iPod synced all scobbling stopped. Restarted client without restarting iTunes still no scobling of tracks from iTunes. I think that it had to do with the fact I don't have automatic scoble of the iPod set as the window to confirm scobles from the iPod was left open when iTunes changed tracks.

When I reopened iTunes, the last tracks played was scobbled by the client.

• No wiki at all.

Sorry to just drop this in this section, but I've been bugged out about something which I could not solve via google or this forum.

It may be that I have been missing some option in the menu, but after spending some days thoroughly searching through the menus I just could not find a way to let my artist-wikis appear in my scrobbler. It was never there and I missed from the first second I installed this beta months back.

I never paid some attention to it because I assumed that this was just natural process, but I've come to realise that others in this group do have it. I know others who are bugged by this problem as well.

I tried re-stalling the scrobbler but nothing changed. Apart from that it all just works perfectly fine so no complaints or whatsoever.

Kind regards,
    Ferry

"When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire".
  • nice beta

Just as I was flailing around trying to find a replacement for scrobblepod finally noticed this beta app out there. 2.1.1.8 has been doing a pretty great job wrt memory and such. Coming along very nicely, thank you for work.

• eartle said...
    • Alumni
    • 24 May 2012, 14:01
    Thanks for the feedback guys. To answer a few questions.

* It's intel only at the moment. Still unsure of PPC plans, but I suspect there won't be a PPC version anytime soon
    * Deleting a scrobble will only delete the one you right clicked on
    * We don't auto-update the app. It should ask you to install updates

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • Draykan said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2012, 17:58
    eartle ha detto:
    * It's intel only at the moment. Still unsure of PPC plans, but I suspect there won't be a PPC version anytime soon

Thanks eartle.
    If the final release won't be Universal remember to specify 10.5 Intel in the requirements.

• tapenoon said...
    • Subscriber
    • 8 Jun 2012, 09:53
    eartle said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. To answer a few questions.

the thing is that my version is intel-based though. so it should work, right?

Taxicab movies in our heads and cigarettes
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.