Last.fm Plugin (Possible) Fix

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2007, 19:09

Last.fm Plugin (Possible) Fix

Hey all,

After experiencing a lack of last.fm post-age while listening with Audacious (as it seems many of you have), some googling revealed that the plugin itself has two dependencies: libcurl and libmusicbrainz. On Ubuntu, run a 'sudo aptitude install libcurl3-dev libmusicbrainz4-dev' in a terminal and you should notice your tracks being properly scrobbled (assuming you've enabled the plugin and entered your username and password in preferences).

Cheers,
    \m/ike

• nenolod said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2007, 05:13
    we don't depend on musicbrainz anymore...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2007, 05:56
    Then scratch musicbrainz; libcurl must've been the one that did it for me. No harm in having an extra library, I was just happy as hell it started working right ;].

• JeyG said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 02:01
    Thx !

• I'll test it out :)

www.younghifi.com
    The crazy world of a young audiophile
  • I dunno if it really did anything for me, but audacious scrobbles nicely now :).

www.younghifi.com
    The crazy world of a young audiophile
  • Hey thanks for the tip! Only my system did seem to rely on Muicbrainz. I already had the other installed, and when I added the 'brainz it started to work.

• Aargh! Installed both packages. Still nothing.

• This is like magic or smth! Last night it just started working. Really wierd. : S

• I contacted the help desk recently and they said a lot of people were complaining. Maybe it's not your system at all?

Hope it keeps working!

• nenolod said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2007, 02:07
    the last.fm servers have a tendency to go down a lot.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jan 2008, 05:11
    nenolod said:
    we don't depend on musicbrainz anymore...

When I install with pacman on Arch Linux It tells me to get musicbrainz as well as curl...

/?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.