Music: Episode 2

• Music: Episode 2

I'll fill in the tracks I know as I watch it. :)

Tenpole Tudor- Swords of a Thousand Men (Played when Gene Hunt and DI drake are in the Quattro at the start)

Madness - The Prince (Played in the pool hall (my MOST listened to track on last.fm) :D!!)

Imagination - Body Talk

The Flying Lizards - Money (That's What I Want)

Visage - Fade To Grey (Played in the club)

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Geno (Plays when the guys moon DI Drake and earlier on also)

Dexy's Midnight Runners - SHOW ME (First song played at the street party)

• Babs_05 said...
    • 15 Feb 2008, 02:32
    Good work, ta! : )

My playlist below. Tracks tagged 'fire up the quattro' for our radio.

Tenpole Tudor - Swords of a Thousand Men

Madness - The Prince

Imagination - Body Talk

The Flying Lizards - Money (That's What I Want)

Visage - Fade To Grey ... That WAS performed by Steve Strange!

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Souvenir

The Pop Group - We Are All Prostitutes

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Geno

Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang

?? About 45 mins in. In the restaurant, 'desert/dessert' scene, soft electronica, sounds like Brian Eno. Has 'futuristic', 'space' flourishes. Could be another OMD track? Or film music?

Dexy's Midnight Runners - SHOW ME

Chas 'n' Dave - Gertcha

• think the space noises was.....

I Hear You Now

• Babs_05 said...
    • 15 Feb 2008, 14:03
    Yes! Smart one, thanks!

• Babs_05 said...
    • 22 Feb 2008, 00:11
    BBC page

Either the Beeb have messed up or we have. They have a different Dexy's track near the end of the show. I can't check right now, Last.fm isn't playing tracks.

Beeb says: There, There, My Dear
    We say: SHOW ME.

• It's definately show me, had the song for years. :)

• Babs_05 said...
    • 22 Feb 2008, 00:58
    That's what I thought. I watched the programme again with subtitles when I was grabbing the tracks. Just watching again now... (any excuse, hehe!) ; )

... yep, it's definitely 'Show Me'. The repeated phrase, "Show me", kind of gives it away.

BBC - 0
    Us - 1

• IanAR said...
    • User
    • 26 Feb 2009, 14:02

Fade to Grey: Visage / Steve Strange / Blitz Club

privatehell said:
    Visage - Fade To Grey (Played in the club)
    Babs_05 said:
    Visage - Fade To Grey ... That WAS performed by Steve Strange!
    Thanks for all capturing that Babs & Mr Hell! I missed the whole thing and'm now kicking myself for my lack of tellycentricity (Babs you'll be pleased to hear I now have 'multi-channel' TV :).

Notwithstanding OMD, the soundtrack on this ep' looks amazing! Anyone who puts The Pop Group on telly has my vote :)

I got here via Manchester Evening News: Ashes to Ashes The Blitz Club, which's an interesting read - possibly somewhat redundant, after the fact.

As also stated on Babs' BBC page, the club featured in this was a recreation of The Blitz club, often said to be the birth place of New Romanticism. If any of y'all're interested in Visage, new romantics, The Blitz Club, Steve Strange or other Blitz Kids - please come and join the new Blitz Kids group.

Looking forward to the repeat. Meantime, I'll fire up the quattro :D Best, Ian

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.