• Artist Radio

Been a member at this group since it had a tiny membership, cool to see it grow to 128 members so far! Just noticed that lactophobia has taken over from Vami as the leader. Hey there, welcome to the leader's seat :)

The Artist Radio in the group header is still playing Vami's personal tag for the group which cannot change unless he adds tags to it - wondering if he'll be doing that for new artists as they arrive if he's resigned.

Thought it might be worth mentioning that a global tag radio for 'Artists who are lastfm users' has come into existence, already showing 338 tags from 35 different users.

As this is a radio for which anyone can tag artists they know are last.fm users (and which can therefore grow into an interesting independent artist radio of its own accord), want to suggest that the button in the group header might be better linking to global tag radio now?

• Ey, Pixieguts!
    This is a problem, I've been thinking over for a long time...
    Just change the button, and/or build a "new group tag".
    I follow your suggestion, so far.

Thanx for your work !!!!

Regards Micha'el

• Cool :)

• new tag : Artists who are lastfm users

O.K. !
    The group-radio is now linked to the following tag:

I wish that you all support this decision and help us grow this tag/radio by tagging all the artists that are last.fm users with this special tag.

Micha

• HI Fine!

Ok, let's go! Didgeridoo-fm say: Hello 2 everybody!

didgeridoo-fm

www.didgeridoomusik.dedidgeridoo,didgeridoomusik,didgeridoomusic,didge,yedaki,didgeridoo-fm,castro and the didgecrew,radio,free,fun,alternative,meditation,nature,live

Cool vibes from downunder/europe/germany/taunus/
    castro

www.didgeridoomusik.de
  • So cool!

Danke Micha,
    du machst hier einen Superjob!!
    :-)))
    Akasha Voices

Ich weiß, daß ich nichts weiß...
  • I'm gonna tag myself then, I'm not in that list yet...anyone else wants to tag me, my link is in my signiture. :) And of course, I'll tag others whom I know. :)

• tagged you :)

• Changing of TAG

!!! EDIT:

I noticed that not very much artists got tagged frequently with our
    TAG
    artists who are lastfm users.

As I thought about it, I wondered if it depence
    on the long TAG-name, cause as I figuerd out many times,
    it is a long typing on the key. :-(
    You can find the list

here

So here is my suggestion:
    Changing the TAG into

artists who are lastfm users

What do you think about it ?

Edited by lactophobia on 10 Jul 2008, 23:40
  • The change of the the tag to awalu makes sense I suppose.
    It is a great idea if you think that it will make people more likely to use the tag.

If the tag is going to change though we will have to quickly set about to tagging all the artists who are currently tagged artists who are lastfm users with the new tag.

• Nous-X said...
    • User
    • 10 Jul 2008, 23:27
    We agree with you, it soundsgreat, maybe we will gather more listeners by doing that.

saludos!!

• I don't think that the tag would mean much to the general public. I propose to keep the tag. Once a tag is created, it's available in our tag pool, so no need to type it again.

Simon Roy
    Ouèbe Musique @ CKRL 89,1
    http://www.ouebemusique.ca
  • SimonRoy said:
    Once a tag is created, it's available in our tag pool, so no need to type it again.

There is no TAG pool in the web radio, don't you forget.

• I meant in the "Your favorite tag" pool when you use the "tag this artist" link. The software player also has the "Popular tags for this track"

Simon Roy
    Ouèbe Musique @ CKRL 89,1
    http://www.ouebemusique.ca
  • The last.fm player also makes it easy to reuse tags you have used before.

Sigurdór Guðmundsson bass player, audio engineer, music teacher from Iceland.
    • Babs_05 said...
    • 11 Jul 2008, 00:00
    I don't think it's a good idea either. There's nothing to stop people from simple cut + paste. People manage absolutely fine with 'music to fall asleep to' or 'lesser known yet streamable artists'. Don't change it to a bunch of meaningless letters. Keep the full name.

: )

• Been tagging artists albums and tracks of various artists for 'artists who are lastfm users' for quite a while now and not that keen on starting all over.

Also think that 'awalu' is even harder to remember than the original tag.

The only thing I originally had trouble with for the current tag is understanding that I couldn't put the 'dot' in Last.fm.

Maybe just let membership clearly know what the tag is and that this is a project the group really wants to happen more:)

• Preference

I'd prefer not to change the tag. Where you can't click you can paste. I'm comfortable with where we are now.

"I tried to contain myself, but I escaped."
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2008, 05:30
    Don't change the tag. Your last.fm software remembers all the tags you use, so you don't really have to type the tag except 1 time. After that, you can just click on it when you want to tag an artist....

• sjugge said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2008, 05:56
    I agree with the 'old' tag, some people have been putting a rather significant amount of time in it...
    And also; the tag says it all doesn't it... 'artists who are lastfm users' how more logic can it be?

Typing these few words in an age of copy/paste can't be to much of an effort and idd the handy auto-filling of tags (currently beta only) makes it rather easy to use longer tags...

"how am I supposed to focus with all this crap going on?" - Butters
  • As sjugge said - I think 'awalu' would not be descriptive. With the current tag, even people who don't know about this group can read the tag. And use it, if they like the idea.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 20 Dec 2010, 04:52
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2008, 09:57
    matvey_andreyev said:
    As sjugge said - I think 'awalu' would not be descriptive. With the current tag, even people who don't know about this group can read the tag. And use it, if they like the idea.

I agree.

• SimonRoy said:
    I don't think that the tag would mean much to the general public. I propose to keep the tag. Once a tag is created, it's available in our tag pool, so no need to type it again.

Pixieguts said:
    Been tagging artists albums and tracks of various artists for 'artists who are lastfm users' for quite a while now and not that keen on starting all over.

Also think that 'awalu' is even harder to remember than the original tag.

sjugge said:
    I agree with the 'old' tag, some people have been putting a rather significant amount of time in it...
    And also; the tag says it all doesn't it... 'artists who are lastfm users' how more logic can it be?

Typing these few words in an age of copy/paste can't be to much of an effort and idd the handy auto-filling of tags (currently beta only) makes it rather easy to use longer tags...

• yea I also want to keep the old tag

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.