who is your favorite artist?

• who is your favorite artist?

salvador dali. hands down. he was a genius. his work is still awe inspiring. lately, i've been pondering the burning giraffes and the long legged elephants. wow. and his books. the secret life of and diary of a genius. amazing. dali himself was just as interesting and alluring as any of his art.

i must admit, i also love damien hirst, banksy and sheppard fairey.

and lots more. i could go on and on. seriously.

anyway, who strikes your fancy?

• Monalie said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2008, 17:29
    BANKSY!!!!

"You're just jealous cause we're young and in love ". ~ taken from Soco Amaretto Lime
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Apr 2008, 11:47
    I really like Alexander Calder's work. His work is very playful and a great source of inspiration! He is credited for inventing the mobile (sculpture).
    I'm also a fan of Frida Kahlo's work. It's not easy trying to visualize your own inside. Her life were such a tragedy...
    and I absolutely love "street art", such as Banksy!!!

• i agree on dali =)
    my favourite is Metamorphosis of Narcissus! i don't see a hand...i see a man and a woman doing it.
    hmmmm

• Attvck said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2008, 20:50

=]

BANKSY.

chyeah.
  • i totally agree about Dali, he was a genius...La Tentation De St. Antoine- really like this work...Also I like Claude Monet, I never admired his works until i saw one of his original paintings in a gallery, it was one of his water lillies, so peaceful and beautiful...

• nofink said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2008, 03:05
    just trent reznor:>

• h.r. giger

and trent absolutely!

• hi it's my first message here
    i think i very love luke chueh's work

sory but i had a bug with my computer, if somebody can delete my second message ...

Edited by Kelebrimbor on 26 Aug 2008, 12:48
  • hi it's my first message here
    i think i very love luke chueh's work

• I find it interesting how the name of this group is Art is resistance and has such a big following on Dalí who was an active supporter of the spanish fascist regime (one of the most repressive dictatorial regimes)...

I enjoy very much the works of artists such as Frida Kahlo, Ana Mendieta, Lygia Clark, Tracey Emin, Jean Tinguely, Egon Schiele, Miró and many many more.

• Исаак Левитан - великий русский пейзажист. Isaak Levitan, great russian landscape painter

1894 - Над вечным покоем - Over eternal peace.

Edvard Munch - norvegian symbolist painter

1893 - Крик - The Scream

This is my favorite artists, also Иван Айвазовский(Ivan Aivazovskiy),Иван Шишкин(Ivan Shishkin),and many,many,many...

[So now your done,life isn't fun...anymore]
  • the scream is very famous, i love it

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2008, 17:37
    Lately I've been into popart - mainly James Rosenquist ...Official site

• do you know joseph beuys?

banksy sux

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Jan 2009, 20:17
    Dennis Sibeijn. He's an amazing artist, does a lot of work for underground metal bands.

• Rozz Williams, artist, poet, musician. Who else?

"I would insult your intelligence, but what would be the point?" ~Wobbly Headed Bob
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Aug 2009, 02:54
    Van Gogh,Magritte,Layne Staley,Maynard James Keenan,Marilyn Manson....

• Jhonen Vascez, Jackson Pollok, Maurits Cornelis Escher, Salvador Dali, Trent Reznor, Serj Tankian. I love them

• Well , it sounds a little weird but James O'Barr is one of them ...

I dont know have you ever read "the crow" / the original one / but i found great philosophy and romance in this graphic novel and i think it's really one of the creations of art that makes rebels from the ordinary people

I'm very sorry for my horrible English ... :/

"...Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth..."
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2011, 22:47
    Salvador Dali
    Jean Michael Basquiat
    Pablo Picasso
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Francisco de Goya
    Frida Kahlo
    David Alfaro Siqueiros
    Rufino Tamayo
    Jackson Pollock
    and more :D

• andy warhol is my favorite, not for his work, but for the idea, the vision he had. The factory was a brilliant idea to bring all of the artsy types to see want they can create together.

Satan was here
  • Salvador Dali
    Vladimir Kush
    Mark Ryden
    Remedios Varo
    Renee French
    Vincent van Gogh
    Gustav Klimt
    Giorgio de Chirico
    Frida Kahlo
    Erik Johansson
    Lory Earley
    Pablo Picasso
    Nicoletta Ceccoli
    Audrey Kawasaki
    Dennis Sibeijn

and so on

La seule chose insupportable, c’est que rien n’est supportable.
    [ Arthur Rimbaud ]
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2011, 19:14
    I have many artists who inspire me and which I love, but my favorite would have to be Edvard Munch.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.