What have you been overplaying this week?

• What have you been overplaying this week?

I just downloaded two albums by Architecture in Helsinki. Good stuff!

Edited by peachious on 5 Jan 2007, 23:33
    • rhn said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2006, 02:56
    Red Hot Chili Peppers. 'Nuff said.

~Me@Home

• Asgaard said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2006, 17:31
    Hypocrite on a crusade against signatures!
    • hyrax42 said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2006, 02:52
    Dandy Warhols. Well last week, really. Not sure this week yet.

Edit: Ah, "this week" was last week, so I'm all right!

• iobe said...
    • User
    • 15 Dec 2006, 22:06
  • This week was Psapp. Awesome indie electronica.

Edited by peachious on 5 Jan 2007, 23:33
    • hyrax42 said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2006, 05:33
    I'm thinking it'll be Tarkio for this week. Just runinng through the "Omnibus".

• Wow, just looked up Tarkio and the one song they have on myspace is great. Wish they had more.

I haven't really been overplaying any particular artist this week, just a lot of random twee pop.

• nadzeya said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2007, 00:42
    hi! :)

The Rapture - Pieces of the People We Love

That's been stuck in Winamp for a day or so now. :)

• The Rapture seems cool.

I can't stop listening to Neko Case. I only have a few of her songs so they are getting some serious overplay!

• iobe said...
    • User
    • 7 Feb 2007, 14:23
    Sadly, my walkman phone doesn't scrobble it, but I have been listening to Sofia Talvik a lot lately.

What's funny is that she(?) added me to her friends list here on last.fm and sent me a recommendation for her own track... Not sure if I should take it as shameless marketing by her record company or cute self-promotion.

Anyway, I liked it and preordered her album for half the price of a regular cd. There's a nice remix for free download on her page s well.

• Anrky said...
    • User
    • 8 Feb 2007, 03:33
    I'm really diggin the new single 'Overkill' from Kosheen right now...

• Sofia Talvik /is/ really good. (and totally not emo ;) )

• hyrax42 said...
    • User
    • 13 Feb 2007, 00:09
    Apparently I listened to a lot of Ted Leo and the Pharmacists last week. Well the Shake the Sheets album is really catchy, I'll say that. Samey, but catchy.

• The last few days I've been seriously overplaying a few of the artists that I'm attempting to add to a mix CD, mostly the Acid House Kings and The Go! Team. I also can't stop playing Young Folks. Also going on the mix. :)

• I just downloaded Electric Version and have been seriously overplaying. Very fun album.

I've also been overplaying the mix I put together this week, and the mix that was in turn created for me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Feb 2008, 18:38
    Ross Daly. His music can serve, as it did for me, as a lucid intro to Mediterranean folk songs performed on stringed and percussion instruments that the locals play e.g. lyra, rabab, tarhu, laouto, kemence, oud, saz and tanbur.

Gonna pick up Microkosmos next week.

• Probably Phutureprimitive. I listen to a lot of ambient/chill/drone/whatever when I'm working on the heavy math of my dissertation, and he keeps popping up. I'm not generally an OMGBBQ _HUGE_ fan of the genre though. Once I get back to coding in MATLAB I hope I can spend more time listening to stoner bands like Isis, 35007 and Causa Sui.

• I've just discovered Angela Desveaux and can't get enough of her.

Her site.

If you like Neko Case or Sarah Harmer, check her out.

• MC Frontalot, 23 plays of 5 tracks.... I think it's time to buy his cd and get some more variety! eeeesh

Tim Fite

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Sep 2008, 20:49
    Haunt Me - Sade. Found it in teh Lounge. Check it out; you won't regret it.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.